Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card rep can't fix my name

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon store card rep can't fix my name

Maybe I'm just being OCD right now but ever since the Amazon store card site got redesigned, my name is showing up with a lower case middle initial, like this: Jane c Doe. I hate grammatical errors and this bugs me every time I log in to my account! And none of the CSR reps see it like this on their end so they can't fix it :,(

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon store card rep can't fix my name

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I'm just being OCD right now but ever since the Amazon store card site got redesigned, my name is showing up with a lower case middle initial, like this: Jane c Doe. I hate grammatical errors and this bugs me every time I log in to my account! And none of the CSR reps see it like this on their end so they can't fix it :,(

That is so strange. I just contacted them last week via chat to change my last name and they did it instantly. No questions asked.

Message 2 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

I think i would just have them remove the middle initial.

Message 3 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elim wrote:

+1

On all Synchrony websites, my last name is lower-case and my suffix is capitalized (ex. John  doe Jr), so you're not alone.  On my cards and statements everything is in caps, so other than when I log in online I never have to see it.  Apparently whoever wrote the code for their website erroneously assumed there would always only be two strings/entries in the name field.

Removing your middle initial would fix it, just as in my own case removing my suffix would likely make my last name be capitalized as well.  I like my suffix, though, so I'm not changing anything!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

+1

On all Synchrony websites, my last name is lower-case and my suffix is capitalized (ex. John  doe Jr), so you're not alone.  On my cards and statements everything is in caps, so other than when I log in online I never have to see it.  Apparently whoever wrote the code for their website erroneously assumed there would always only be two strings/entries in the name field.

Removing your middle initial would fix it, just as in my own case removing my suffix would likely make my last name be capitalized as well.  I like my suffix, though, so I'm not changing anything!  :smileywink

Wow, each site? Must be a tech error with them. I go by my middle name so I'll just leave it. Like you said, names are all caps on cards Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

+1

Removing your middle initial would fix it, just as in my own case removing my suffix would likely make my last name be capitalized as well.  I like my suffix, though, so I'm not changing anything!  :smileywink

Wow, each site? Must be a tech error with them. I go by my middle name so I'll just leave it. Like you said, names are all caps on cards Smiley Happy

Yep, on Lowe's, Belk and Sam's Club MasterCard my last name is all lower-case, but the 'Jr' is capitalized.  The Care Credit site is built differently and only displays the login name, not the customer's actual name, so I can't speak for that one.

Lowe's, Belk and Sam's Club credit websites are basically copies of each other, with only the colors and minor details being different, so it's definitely an error in how they were designed.  They haven't been updated in quite some time (probably in 10-15 years) so maybe if they ever get around to a 'revamp' they'll be able to get it right.

Actually, I've joked before that going from Discover, Capital One, Amex, etc. to a Synchrony website is like going back in time... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

+1

Yep, on Lowe's, Belk and Sam's Club MasterCard my last name is all lower-case, but the 'Jr' is capitalized.  The Care Credit site is built differently and only displays the login name, not the customer's actual name, so I can't speak for that one.

Lowe's, Belk and Sam's Club credit websites are basically copies of each other, with only the colors and minor details being different, so it's definitely an error in how they were designed.  They haven't been updated in quite some time (probably in 10-15 years) so maybe if they ever get around to a 'revamp' they'll be able to get it right.

Actually, I've joked before that going from Discover, Capital One, Amex, etc. to a Synchrony website is like going back in time... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I can only speak for Capital One and Sync but I do like Cap One's site functionality much better!

Message 7 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I like Cap One's website better too.  I have a couple of Synchrony cards (Haverty's, Wallmart, JCP) and each of them has a different look/feel and none of them are 'elegant'. I haven't run into the name issue because I only use my first and last but their sites feel awkward at best.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.