cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americans READ!

Super Contributor

Re: Americans READ!

marty56 wrote:

I have had no issues speaking to CSRs in different countries.  I just speak slower (which is hard since I am a New Yorker).   English is a 2nd language for DW so I am used to doing so.

I usually don't have issues either. My mom on the other hand, who has the thickest new york accent ever is terrible with CSRs. I always used to have to call for her for everything. 

Highlighted
Valued Member

Yeah, out of country reps don't bother me. I speak slower, and if I have sound out my words phoneticaly. I make sure the out of country rep slows down their speech for important information. 

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Valued Contributor

jsucool76 wrote:

marty56 wrote:

I have had no issues speaking to CSRs in different countries.  I just speak slower (which is hard since I am a New Yorker).   English is a 2nd language for DW so I am used to doing so.

I usually don't have issues either. My mom on the other hand, who has the thickest new york accent ever is terrible with CSRs. I always used to have to call for her for everything. 

Maybe a special number just for Nyawkers would be in order?

Valued Member

No problems with overseas CSRs here either, but if I have time I will request to speak with a rep in the U.S. in the hope that I am contributing in some small way to help bring those jobs back home. Or, if I am asking any questions that impact FICO or credit, I will only speak with U.S. reps because I have found that overseas reps don't have a good understanding of our credit scoring system here. Upon calling AmEx and asking for a U.S. rep, I have been told that all they can do is transfer me back into the queue and hope the next agent who answers is in the U.S. This has happened a few times, but the most I've had to get dumped back into the queue is twice.

I'll have to try AmEx's backdoor number next time.