Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americans READ!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Americans READ!

@marty56 wrote:

I have had no issues speaking to CSRs in different countries.  I just speak slower (which is hard since I am a New Yorker).   English is a 2nd language for DW so I am used to doing so.

I usually don't have issues either. My mom on the other hand, who has the thickest new york accent ever is terrible with CSRs. I always used to have to call for her for everything. 

Message 11 of 14
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

Yeah, out of country reps don't bother me. I speak slower, and if I have sound out my words phoneticaly. I make sure the out of country rep slows down their speech for important information. 

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 12 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

I have had no issues speaking to CSRs in different countries.  I just speak slower (which is hard since I am a New Yorker).   English is a 2nd language for DW so I am used to doing so.

I usually don't have issues either. My mom on the other hand, who has the thickest new york accent ever is terrible with CSRs. I always used to have to call for her for everything. 

Maybe a special number just for Nyawkers would be in order?

Message 13 of 14
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

No problems with overseas CSRs here either, but if I have time I will request to speak with a rep in the U.S. in the hope that I am contributing in some small way to help bring those jobs back home. Or, if I am asking any questions that impact FICO or credit, I will only speak with U.S. reps because I have found that overseas reps don't have a good understanding of our credit scoring system here. Upon calling AmEx and asking for a U.S. rep, I have been told that all they can do is transfer me back into the queue and hope the next agent who answers is in the U.S. This has happened a few times, but the most I've had to get dumped back into the queue is twice.

I'll have to try AmEx's backdoor number next time.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.