Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Card Feels So Plastic

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Amex BCE Card Feels So Plastic

I just saw the Amex BCE card today. It feels so filmy. It is just a piece of clear plastic. Not so appealing design in my opinion.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Card Feels So Plastic

When I last pulled it out at a dinner, my friends like the transparency of the design. I agree though... very bendable and no frills design
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's weird for me because months ago I really liked the clear look (I dont have one yet but a friend does), but now I think I'm over it. After seeing the Chase Freedom in real life, and other flashier/shiny cards, I think I like bold looks more than the clear.
Message 3 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I like it, it looks different and not so thick. Carrying 10 cards in a wallet having a thin CC is not too bad! I still think most gift cards are ten times better looking than any CC out there 😏

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I like it, it looks different and not so thick. Carrying 10 cards in a wallet having a thin CC is not too bad! I still think most gift cards are ten times better looking than any CC out there 😏

The Alliant Platinum Credit Card with the United Airlines airplane in the sky design is the coolest card yet. Much better than their alternate design of an unusual looking bowling ball. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sometimes being subtle is better than being flashy.  You don't have to flaunt it or get one of whatever everyone else is getting.  It all spends the same in the end.  If you don't liek the feel then put it in your phone wallet and you don't have to touch it.  

Message 6 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Sometimes being subtle is better than being flashy.  You don't have to flaunt it or get one of whatever everyone else is getting.  It all spends the same in the end.  If you don't liek the feel then put it in your phone wallet and you don't have to touch it.  

Thats what I did with blispay =)

Message 7 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Wonder why it feels like plastic.... oh that's right it is plastic.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man OP I'm feeling ya.  I tend to pull my hat down over my face as much as I possibly can to hide my shame of my flimsy BCP.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont care if the card is pink with purple polka dots, I'm using the card that gives me the most rewards... Though with the roll-out of the Samsung Pay Reward system, I'll likely be pulling out the physical cards much less frequently.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.