Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Ordered replacement, get it tomorrow!  I noticed about an hour after I ordered the Amex site was really getting hammered and was sluggish, hopefully there are no delays.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 21 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

Ordered replacement, get it tomorrow!  I noticed about an hour after I ordered the Amex site was really getting hammered and was sluggish, hopefully there are no delays.

What does your request date say? When you click the replacement status of your card online. 

Message 22 of 180
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

I just put in my request online, its a little after 7am EST. When I check the status, it says request date 3/30, with expected delivery of 3/31. We'll see how it all shakes out. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay.

My card management didn't have an option for "metal card" so I selected damaged. I went on chat a bit later and asked (chat only had a 2 minute wait time) and the gentleman told me that the card would be metal...aren't all replacements going out now going to be metal anyway? So, I'd imagine if your replacement request date shows 3/30, you're getting a metal card.

It will be impressive if they can actually produce all of these and get them out today for arrival tomorrow.

Message 23 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@garagebandking wrote:

I just put in my request online, its a little after 7am EST. When I check the status, it says request date 3/30, with expected delivery of 3/31. We'll see how it all shakes out. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay.

My card management didn't have an option for "metal card" so I selected damaged. I went on chat a bit later and asked (chat only had a 2 minute wait time) and the gentleman told me that the card would be metal...aren't all replacements going out now going to be metal anyway? So, I'd imagine if your replacement request date shows 3/30, you're getting a metal card.

It will be impressive if they can actually produce all of these and get them out today for arrival tomorrow.

My situation was a bit different. My request date says 3/29 even though I requested it technically on the 30th (2am est). It actually said metal card request as an option in the account services > card management , so Im going to assume I'm getting the metal regardless of the date otherwise why would it  allow me to click that option lol.

Message 24 of 180
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

American Express Platinum Metal Card Thread

I didn't see a thread yet.  I just got off the phone with AmEx and our metal cards will be arriving tomorrow by FedEx!

If you call the number on the back of the card, just say "Metal Card" and you'll get directed appropriately.  Going to be a busy day for that team!

Message 25 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@garagebandking wrote:

My situation was a bit different. My request date says 3/29 even though I requested it technically on the 30th (2am est). It actually said metal card request as an option in the account services > card management , so Im going to assume I'm getting the metal regardless of the date otherwise why would it  allow me to click that option lol.

It will be metal.  Says for those people that have the option to order the metal one online (not all do they are still updating people's accounts) that all cards sent on 3/30 and after will be metal

Message 26 of 180
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Platinum Metal Card Thread

Wait time is ridiculous, but yes I did just the same! Can't wait for this

Message 27 of 180
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Tis buried in the depths of Smorgasboard...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Amex-Platinum-Members-Rejoice/td-p/4903618

Boston - did you get automated prompts? I heard about that being an option...but bypassed all of that and just went through card management online.

Message 28 of 180
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Used chat to get mine. Also noticed in my Uber app the $15 Amex credit as well.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 29 of 180
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Oops.  I started a thread as I thought it would be on-topic in Credit Cards.  Sorry about that.  I got automated prompts when I called, then I was immediately transferred to speak with someone and the process took less than 2 minutes from the time I dialed.  She said that i called early enough that I should definitely expect mine tomorrow and it shows that they're on the way for delivery tomorrow.

Message 30 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.