Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I hate to be the first one to mention it, but delivery through FedEx or UPS tomorrow is highly unlikely.  There is a steep surcharge for Saturday delivery with both carriers, and I doubt AmEx is going to absorb that.  Hoping they get them out today and are delivered on Monday.  Or maybe we've got it all wrong, and what really happened is that the card weighs 5 times as much as the Ritz-Carlton card, all of those envelopes exceeded the weight limit of the trucks?  Other than the front/back pics of a sample card, I haven't heard anything about weight yet.

I was just thinking about that, there is no way Amex would upgrade the next day air savers to Saturday delivery. So I am assuming Monday delivery if that, just too many requested overnight.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 81 of 180
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

FWIW I didn't actually request mine overnight; she just told me "you called early enough that we should be able to get this out to you today and overnight it so you'll have it tomorrow."  We made very quick small talk and she was preparing for a very busy day with requests.

Message 82 of 180
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Yes, I can't see Saturday delivery happening, sadly.

I've had UPS tracking issues before where items ended up showing up as scheduled despite never being updated en route...but it looks like many of us and people on FT are receiving the same "update" from UPS...I doubt a high percentage of these things skated through without being scanned into the tracking system though...some on FT are talking about cancelled shipments and CSR giving them the runaround, that shipments are quite backlogged...

Maybe AmEx was so innundated with overnight requests that my package will suddenly be sent standard UPS service...

Message 83 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for UPS MC after reading this and it says nothing is being delivered to my house. Could mean nothing though. Amex still says it'll be at my house today, but like others have said it could be Monday or even later. I'm not in a rush, but after reading all of this I'm kinda a little antsy now lol.

Message 84 of 180
sjt
Senior Contributor

Yesterday I called and requested a replacement card. After a very lengthy verification process they are sending a card. The rep asked if the April 4th delivery date would suffice and I said yes. She said it would be sent via UPS but when I checked it was being sent via Fed Ex late delivery with an estimated delivery date of the 4th. I also made sure that they were sending me the metal card. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 85 of 180
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

I just chatted with a rep who informed me my card hasn't been mailed yet. So, I suppose I'll expect it sometime next week.

A little disappointing, but really, what should be expected.

It is interesting though how major corporations can never seem to accurately predict demand...I know Nintendo has this manufactured scarcity mystique thing going...but I have to imagine the CSR and this AmEx thing are more related to not wanting to increase costs more than they already have with materials...

Message 86 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went on chat and asked if my card had been sent since it says that it is on its way on their site.  The rep said that it is about a 5 day delay due to demand.  I asked if any cards had been sent and she sent back the exact same response.  I am getting the feeling that no cards have been sent yet.  I asked again in a different way and she said that I should have my card no later than 4/15.

Message 87 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yep, this rollout was handled very poorly.

Message 88 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in around 12:20AM on the 30th to request my new card. I spoke with a CSR a few minutes ago and they stated that my card has already shipped and is still expected to arrive this evening via Fedex. For reference, I'm in Denver. 

Message 89 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called in around 12:20AM on the 30th to request my new card. I spoke with a CSR a few minutes ago and they stated that my card has already shipped and is still expected to arrive this evening via Fedex. For reference, I'm in Denver. 

So it looks like Amex is sending some of them out. 

Message 90 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.