Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Boo, I lost my Platinum this morningSmiley Sad Since it's heavier, it can fall out of a wallet if the wallet is held upside down (Ritz especially). I cancelled and requested replacement.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 171 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

Boo, I lost my Platinum this morningSmiley Sad Since it's heavier, it can fall out of a wallet if the wallet is held upside down (Ritz especially). I cancelled and requested replacement.

Wow that sucks. Well at least the "traffic jam" of metal delays are over with, i'm sure delivery should be much faster and smoother and you'll get a brand new metal again with a new number! 

Message 172 of 180
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Using a credit card holder, a small leather 5 slot job, I find it difficult to get the metal cards out...and every other card by association. It becomes a super tight fit.

Message 173 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine tried to run away too. It's the weight.

Message 174 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a flip out card holder in my wallet, as well as some extra card slots in the actual wallet. It is a pain to get my cards out. Super tight. I usually have to take out a card to get the one I want. My Amex Platinum is no problem though bc the weight makes it come out on its own sometimes.

Message 175 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

Did you receive your replacment yet? Is it still the metal contactless? 

Message 176 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Did you receive your replacment yet? Is it still the metal contactless? 

Yep, got the replacement and it's contactless.Smiley Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 177 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question, for those who ordered their replacment online through the card managment in account services. Is your "replacement status" page still stuck in limbo? I been had my card delivered about a week and a half ago, but the page still shows " your card is on the way" with the tracking (of course showin delivered too). When does this page refresh since I already have the card? Is anyone else like this? I wonder when will that page go away lol. 

Message 178 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get the contactless, it also comes with a chip right? Or you can only have one or the other? If I can have both, I'll get all mine replaced. It'll be more convenient. And less risk of scratching.
Message 179 of 180
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you get the contactless, it also comes with a chip right? Or you can only have one or the other? If I can have both, I'll get all mine replaced. It'll be more convenient. And less risk of scratching.

Yes, it's a dual-interface chip. It can be inserted or tapped. Same security against counterfeit card fraud either way.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 180 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.