cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Established Contributor

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Hello all,

 

Just some further insight on the changes coming to Platinum cardholders tomorrow. I spoke to a CSR and I was told that you will not have to call in to request the metal version of this card, this can all be done seamlessly online (Not sure how seamless it will be knowing Amex). I assume that it will be available in the 'Profile' section of the web page. For those anticpating the change, this should be some good news. For those not so fond of the change, well, yeah.... Smiley Very Happy

 

If anybody as additional insight, spill those beans!

179 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 

Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

I, too, called a few weeks ago to inquire about doing it online vs over the phone. The rep told me that I can request a new metal card on the phone only, but there will be the interactive voice system that'll let me complete it. Yesterday, I called and asked the same, and was told I can order it on the phone with a rep, on the phone with the voice prompts, and online. Also said we can start ordering them at 12 midnight, mountain daylight time, on the 30th. Funny thing  is they have not changed the wording in the "new changes" section on the American Express landing page; it still says to call the number to request the card. So, I'm going to call and request. All the online options give me next day delivery and Saturday delivery as well. I also see that the new card design is already there when I sign on.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!


Thejoshuatree wrote:

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 


I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

I see. Good to know .

Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!


Jaylima91 wrote:

Thejoshuatree wrote:

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 


I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.


I was told that as well, but I'm going to call in at 3 EDT since I'll be up anyway, and I'll look online to see if the option is there.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!


resilient wrote:

Jaylima91 wrote:

Thejoshuatree wrote:

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 


I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.


I was told that as well, but I'm going to call in at 3 EDT since I'll be up anyway, and I'll look online to see if the option is there.


Same here, I will be up so I will check online.

Gardening until September 2018
Next app: Mortgage in September 2018
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!


Jaylima91 wrote:

Thejoshuatree wrote:

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 


I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.


This is interesting. I can't wait for the metal card! I guess I'll check online first to see if that metal option is true, if not ill phone in! 

New Member

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

I just ordered a metal replacement over the phone.  First thing the CSR said was "are you calling to get a metal card?"  I did have to wait about 10 minutes due to high call volume.  She said it is being sent via regular mail and I should have it by April 4th.

Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!


norb wrote:

I just ordered a metal replacement over the phone.  First thing the CSR said was "are you calling to get a metal card?"  I did have to wait about 10 minutes due to high call volume.  She said it is being sent via regular mail and I should have it by April 4th.


Sweet! It's midnight the 30th on the east coasst right now, but I was getting a little paranoid that if i call too soon that theyll still send me the plastic card cause it isnt even the 30th on the west coast yet. But thank you....cause that sums it up that we can order it right now.