Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Is contactless used a lot in Europe? Does anyone know?
Message 151 of 180
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Mine finally arrived! I'm really liking the new look and feel! 

Message 152 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my card today also....pretty cool..

Message 153 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_-u7r01p.jpg

IMG_f877lg.jpg

Got it!  Cutting the old one now. It's heavy.  I don't have a CSP,  CSR, Venture or Ritz for comparison. 

Message 154 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:
Wow... Contactless on the metal card? THAT is impressive. Its very complex engineering... Anyone capable of taking X-ray images of this thing?

I'm surprised they have versions with and without it tho. If they're going to build it, given R&D is a major component of cost, why not just give it to everyone???????? Why be cheap with it only to those who request.

I can tomorrow.  Seriously. I'll X-ray it. 

Message 155 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IMG_-u7r01p.jpg

IMG_f877lg.jpg

Got it!  Cutting the old one now. It's heavy.  I don't have a CSP,  CSR, Venture or Ritz for comparison. 

Very nice! I wonder why the EMV chips are different on the standard versus the contactless.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 156 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover.  I have no clue.  Maybe I got a contactless one?

I just went to dinner.  Forgot my restaurant card.  HOWEVER, had the new metal.  So, I used the metal.

Went to dinner in sweats.  Messy bun.  Casual dining anyway.  When the server came back with the bill and card, his complete attitude changed to "Yes Sir and Ma'am."  Very prim and proper.  A change in material and this guy thought we were the 1% hiding as trendy d-bags.  Smiley LOL  Ah, kinda fun.

Message 157 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@discover.  I have no clue.  Maybe I got a contactless one?

I just went to dinner.  Forgot my restaurant card.  HOWEVER, had the new metal.  So, I used the metal.

Went to dinner in sweats.  Messy bun.  Casual dining anyway.  When the server came back with the bill and card, his complete attitude changed to "Yes Sir and Ma'am."  Very prim and proper.  A change in material and this guy thought we were the 1% hiding as trendy d-bags.  Smiley LOL  Ah, kinda fun.

Haha nice! I have to say as much as I love my CSR, the new Platinum really surprised me with how premium it feels and looks, they made it a nice weight without being obnoxious like the Ritz, they even got the color just right.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 158 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card arrived Monday mid-day, even after 2 a.m. 03/30 Chat session and follow-up e-mail stated overnight 03/31 delivery.  I registered the new card with laptop and got the info for signing up for the Car Rental Insurance - and decided to spring for it.  $25/rental period up to 42 days.  Anyone have history of using this service and needing to file claim? I'm surprised that Plat Cards were ever made Contactless.  Years back when I tried to get all my cards contactless, Plat card said their cards won't have that feature.  Now none of my cards are, and I'm glad.  Not chance of them being skimmed while in my wallet.

Message 159 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Card arrived Monday mid-day, even after 2 a.m. 03/30 Chat session and follow-up e-mail stated overnight 03/31 delivery.  I registered the new card with laptop and got the info for signing up for the Car Rental Insurance - and decided to spring for it.  $25/rental period up to 42 days.  Anyone have history of using this service and needing to file claim? I'm surprised that Plat Cards were ever made Contactless.  Years back when I tried to get all my cards contactless, Plat card said their cards won't have that feature.  Now none of my cards are, and I'm glad.  Not chance of them being skimmed while in my wallet.

Is there a greater chance this happenig with contactless cards than using the chip? 

Message 160 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.