Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex UberEats Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex UberEats Credit

I used my new $15 UberEats credit today for the Platinum card and had a question about it. I made a purchase for $14.98 and the app shows my credit balance at $.02 now, but my card is showing a pending purchase of $14.98. I know this credit is new but has anybody used credit with Uber or UberEats that can explain how his works? Will the charge post then credit or not even go through? This was my first time using UberEats/Uber so any information would be great now that I have this monthly credit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex UberEats Credit

Do you use ubereats with the regular uber app? or do you have to download a seperate "ubereats" app? 

Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I assume that it works the same as Amex Offers and travel credits.  As soon as those move from Pending Charges to Posted Transactions, I see a statement credit under Posted Transactions within 48 hours.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a separate app but it is linked to regular uber account. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I assume that it works the same as Amex Offers and travel credits.  As soon as those move from Pending Charges to Posted Transactions, I see a statement credit under Posted Transactions within 48 hours.

I received an email later with a receipt showing a zero charge. I guess it's like that or like a hotel and it just comes off.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.