Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android tablet

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Android tablet

Longtime users will notice that I am returning after a hiatus of about half a year. Reason is, I got a new techno-toy and spent the time I would have spent here on a forum for users of this gadget. Now that I have learned most of what there is to know about said gadget, I expect to be hanging around here again.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Android tablet

@MattH wrote:
Longtime users will notice that I am returning after a hiatus of about half a year. Reason is, I got a new techno-toy and spent the time I would have spent here on a forum for users of this gadget. Now that I have learned most of what there is to know about said gadget, I expect to be hanging around here again.

Is that a threat or a promise Matt????  Smiley Wink

Just kidding Matt. Welcome back.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So how do you like the tablet?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

So how do you like the tablet?

Great for casual websurfing, email, reading ebooks, etc. When traveling instead of taking books and full size laptop, I take this. Right now I'm sprawled on the sofa with my tablet resting on a couple of pillows.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Welcome back Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I have a motorola xoom (4G), that I will be selling next month, when my contract is up.  Love the thing, just can't seem to use it, when my laptop does what I need it to do.

I DO use it for traveling, so that I can watch videos while in flight!  It DOES that fantastically!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Repo-ed wrote:

I have a motorola xoom (4G), that I will be selling next month, when my contract is up.  Love the thing, just can't seem to use it, when my laptop does what I need it to do.

I DO use it for traveling, so that I can watch videos while in flight!  It DOES that fantastically!

I guess that's my concern about buying an iPad (which I would do because I'm a Mac girl.)

Although I might extend the life of my laptop if I did a lot of stuff on a notebook instead, especially email and the forums.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I had an iPad 1, but sold it after a few weeks. Again, I couldn't find any real practical use for it, that my laptop did not better serve.  Plus, my only REAL adversion to apple, is itunes. I just don't like being tied to that program for moving stuff.

That being said, my mom just went and bought a 3g+wifi 16gb ipad 2 today - and she doesn't even have a smartphone. I'm really interested in seeing how she is going to go from using her apple laptop (which her school is taking back, so they can be issued news ones at the beginnig of next year) to relying soley on her ipad.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.