Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another car accident - unbelievable

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Another car accident - unbelievable

Ok, in Nov I will had my car for 12 months! Two accidents in under twelve months...both on Friday nights - both around 6:30 pm. Could this be a sign that Daisy should not be driving on Friday's at 6:30 pm? possibly....

First, a deer hit my car a week after I bought it!!  the driver's side door needed to be replaced to the tune of  $2800.

Then on friday, while driving to Home Depot a girl in an 09 Honda Civic didn't stop and hit me. My car doesn't look so bad but I know what the shop is going to say - "Ms. Duke, you're going to need an entire bumer" - wondering how much that will cost? I'm guessing b/t $3500 and $4K but I won't be paying for this.

The girl that hit me, her car was in bad shape - she broke her front headlight, her entire front end was hanging down and her hood was crinkled. 

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have not luck at all!!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Another car accident - unbelievable

Awwww Daisy....I'm so sorry to hear about this!  Accidents are always such a PITA, but twice in less than a year is beyond frustrating!  But hey...she's gotta pay.  what kind of car do you have??  Not that it matters...just curious!  Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi Mo,

Well both of the fender benders were not my fault...I had no control of the deer crossing the road and landing into my door....i have an 06 E350 benz. I'm thinking of owning this car for about another year then getting rid of it....I love it and it is solid car but two accidents in under a year, i'm a little bit superstitutious.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisyduke wrote:

Hi Mo,

Well both of the fender benders were not my fault...I had no control of the deer crossing the road and landing into my door....i have an 06 E350 benz. I'm thinking of owning this car for about another year then getting rid of it....I love it and it is solid car but two accidents in under a year, i'm a little bit superstitutious.

Best move you'll ever make. The sooner the better.Get a BMW 5-series...just a suggestion Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad no one was hurt but you need to stay home on Friday nights.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

@ifinet - - yeah I did consider a five series but it was a little bit more money - it's a nice ride... my good friend works on BMW's, so I have an mechanic at my disposal... I like the seven series too. Nice old big tank (way way way out of my price range)....my car is solid, i'm just starting to think it could be jinxed! AFter I did the math today, I've decided to keep my current car until that warranty expires, then flip it for something else. Maybe I'll actually own a car someday...

my original idea was to keep my current car until my son graduates from hs and then give it to him (this talk drives my ex husband nuts!!))  - because I feel he would be really safe in that car, knowing that the metal doesn't crunch up like a soda can..

Message 6 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

and here's the real kicker --- last night, Friday at 9:30 pm I got a flat tire! when it rains it pours. hope that tire can be saved....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.