Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another weird question

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Another weird question

Would it be possible for a Moderator to get hired on with myFICO.com?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another weird question

Well, all I can do is speak for myself, but after being a mod here for 2y 5m, the last thing I would want to do is work for FICO. Smiley Very Happy

myFICO Admin Barry created the forums. April 2007, I think? He didn't get promoted from the ranks.

All the moderators are unpaid volunteers, no particular perks. When it gets to be too much, or their lives intervene, they wander off, and then wander back again.

It's a very informal arrangement, and it has worked for going on 4 years now.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Well, all I can do is speak for myself, but after being a mod here for 2y 5m, the last thing I would want to do is work for FICO. Smiley Very Happy

myFICO Admin Barry created the forums. April 2007, I think? He didn't get promoted from the ranks.

All the moderators are unpaid volunteers, no particular perks. When it gets to be too much, or their lives intervene, they wander off, and then wander back again.

It's a very informal arrangement, and it has worked for going on 4 years now.

Does that mean the key to the executive mens' room I was promised was all a lie?  Smiley Surprised

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, didn't Barry tell you? It's the restroom at the back of the Union 76 station, down the block. The key is inside the office, next to the oil and cigarettes.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take a job if your hiring, where do I send my resume?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow didn't know you guys were unpaid volunteers, good on ya!

Message 6 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow didn't know you guys were unpaid volunteers,

And as a wise man once said - "You get what you pay for"  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.