Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any freshwater aquarists?

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Any freshwater aquarists?

My mother's day gift this year was a fish tank (being given away for free, with lots of supplies, but needed lots of clean-up). I grew up with a fish tank and have always loved them. We had a smaller one many years ago in CA but its been more than 10 years. I'm thrilled to be back to this hobby but I need to keep costs at a minimum and feel like I keep doing things wrong. I've lost a Gourami and two cichlids so far and I am currently treating the tank for ich.

I would love to know of others who share this interest, even if you're an amateur like me.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Any freshwater aquarists?

Wow, I've flushed a bunch of fish corpses over the years. Smiley Sad One time DS, age 3, who was seriously into dials of all kinds, turned up the heater and killed everything. Or so I thought, ignoring the green-slimed mess for a month, until on cleaning it out found that there were still 4 White Cloud Mountain fishies chugging along, without light, oxygen, or food for weeks and weeks.

And they're cute, and they like to live in schools, so you get some bang for the buck:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Cloud_Mountain_Minnow

If you do nothing else, splurge on the oxygenator and filter. It will definitely pay off with time.

Good luck on the fish tank! I keep telling myself that I'd like to get back into that now that the kids are up and gone, if only to entertain my cat. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.