Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any "Black-Friday" Shoppers here??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any "Black-Friday" Shoppers here??

I'm hoping to score a good 42" LCD HDTV and a blueray player all for under $600 bucks. This is all :-)

What about you?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any "Black-Friday" Shoppers here??

-RazziTammi- wrote:

I'm hoping to score a good 42" LCD HDTV and a blueray player all for under $600 bucks. This is all :-)

What about you?

If you find one, pick one up for me too!

I avoid Black Friday like the Black Plague.  We do go up into the mountains to cut down down our own tree - legally, at a tree farm. 

Message 2 of 18
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I tried it...not once, but twice.  There won't be a third time.

If there is anything that takes away the spirit of the holidays, it's shopping on Black Friday.  I think the very worst in people comes out when they're trying to get a bargain on a limited availability item, not to mention that you'd better know exactly what it is you're buying.  Customer service stinks because there's just so many people.

Good luck, -RazziTammi- (I love that name, BTW).  May the force be with you!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha!! It's not that bad Lel!! As long a you plan ahead. 

I usually scope out the circulars ahead of time and choose one store and 1 or 2 big-ticket items that are well worth the pre-dawn rise (price wise). I don't go to the crazy stores like Walmart, where there's just hordes of ppl waiting to run each other over. Target was my store of choice last year and the experience was very pleasant. I was in as soon as the doors opened, and out 10 minutes later with my bargains!!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I tried it...not once, but twice.  There won't be a third time.

If there is anything that takes away the spirit of the holidays, it's shopping on Black Friday.  I think the very worst in people comes out when they're trying to get a bargain on a limited availability item, not to mention that you'd better know exactly what it is you're buying.  Customer service stinks because there's just so many people.

Good luck, -RazziTammi- (I love that name, BTW).  May the force be with you!

LOL, thanks Uborrow!

I think I have this thing down to an art by now, hahah!!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blu ray player from Walmart (house brand) is on sale for $98 this week.

Dynex 42" LCD HD 1080p is on sale for $550 at Best Buy this week...

for an extra $48 I would rather stay in my house on Black Friday (actually I will be working up at the hospital so no shopping for me)

Message 6 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

Hopefully my TV will die between now and Black-Friday so I can get a 47inch VIZIO LCD or 50 inch Panasonic Plasma.  Next mission would be to arrange the untimely death of my DVD player so it can be replaced by a Blue Ray player.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

"untimely death of my DVD player so it can be replaced by a Blue Ray player"

What makes blue ray better ( esp if you have the reg DVDs)? Vicki

Message 8 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

On a full HD TV, Blue-Ray  looks better since its 1080p vs  420p.  On newer movies, I can tell the difference.  On regualr DVDs, the player is supposed to "up-convert" the DVD to 1080p but I dont know what that looks like.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My Black Friday shopping involves being curled up on the couch with hot chocolate and laptop. Smiley Wink

I have "people claustrophobia." I can't handle the mobs. Smiley Tongue

lol, marty, still trying, huh? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.