cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else surprised by how cheap-feeling the Freedom is?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else surprised by how cheap-feeling the Freedom is?

my freedom card with the chip feels fine, its no CSP, but it will do... 

of course i wish it was a little thicker, but oh well... You want think cards apply for an Amazon store card, its a thin piece of cardboard... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

my freedom card with the chip feels fine, its no CSP, but it will do... 

of course i wish it was a little thicker, but oh well... You want think cards apply for an Amazon store card, its a thin piece of cardboard... 

I was say more like paperboard. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not so bad I need a new card...I don't think its actually gonna fall apart anytime soon just something I noticed immediately
Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

just got my Freedom card. I thought it looked pretty cool, then I pulled it off the paper. 

This is thing makes my Quicksliver One look like Ritz Carlton card. I feel like I could tear it in half if I wanted. 

Now I know where the budget for the upgraded CSP cards went.

That's weird. I've had my Freedom for a little over a year and have not had any issues. It is just as sturdy as my other cards. Hopefully, this is an error and if you contact Chase they will send you a new card. I hope they didn't change how the cards are manufactured to pay for the new CSP cards or Slate Fico scores....Smiley LOL

Something change on the CSP? I just got mine last week.

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got upgrade to the Wells Fargo chip in November. The card left my wallet once and the sides are peeling off. Talk about crappy quality.
Message 25 of 44
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The freedom is a great card. I mean, we shouldn't care how our cards "look" but I would call Chase and see what's up.

It's not about the look to me, although I admit I like a nice looking card Smiley Wink. It's about the fact that I feel it will fall apart on week 2 of use LOL

Exactly. The card already had scratches on it before I even took it off the paper. It won't survive the summer.

Message 26 of 44
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

just got my Freedom card. I thought it looked pretty cool, then I pulled it off the paper. 

This is thing makes my Quicksliver One look like Ritz Carlton card. I feel like I could tear it in half if I wanted. 

That's weird. I've had my Freedom for a little over a year and have not had any issues. It is just as sturdy as my other cards. Hopefully, this is an error and if you contact Chase they will send you a new card. I hope they didn't change how the cards are manufactured to pay for the new CSP cards or Slate Fico scores....Smiley LOL

Mass replacement with chip and signature cards. If you just got yours, it's probably upgraded already. 

Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The freedom is a great card. I mean, we shouldn't care how our cards "look" but I would call Chase and see what's up.

It's not about the look to me, although I admit I like a nice looking card Smiley Wink. It's about the fact that I feel it will fall apart on week 2 of use LOL

Exactly. The card already had scratches on it before I even took it off the paper. It won't survive the summer.

When mine falls apart I'll call Chase and demand a CSP as replacement!!! What you guys think??? Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got mine I thought the same.  I was a bit surprised. But with the rewards I'm  racking  up I'm not complaining    

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Mass replacement with chip and signature cards. If you just got yours, it's probably upgraded already. 

Mine has chip so I guess I am good.

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.