cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else surprised by how cheap-feeling the Freedom is?

tag
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone else surprised by how cheap-feeling the Freedom is?

Call me crazy, but I cancelled the card on this basis alone.  Cheap, flimsy, ugly looking.  Transferred my limit to another card.  Ultimately got the Ritz card, which is all the way at the other end of the spectrum.  Very cool.  Come on Chase!

Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vikingred wrote:

Call me crazy, but I cancelled the card on this basis alone.  Cheap, flimsy, ugly looking.  Transferred my limit to another card.  Ultimately got the Ritz card, which is all the way at the other end of the spectrum.  Very cool.  Come on Chase!

I wouldn't call you crazy lol. With what they sent me I didn't even put it in my wallet, just went straight to the SD strictly for preservation LOL. I'll call them up Monday and get a new one hopefully

Message 42 of 44
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I just received a new Freedom with a chip today,  and mine feels the same as my old card.   Doesn't  feel cheap to me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know this is a few weeks old but all 3 freedom cards i have received (my first one, the replacement after expiration and the chip one) have been decent quality. way better than any of my debit cards. my debit cards warp but my chase ones are good.
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.