cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get the 12" 2015 MacBook? Opinions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone get the 12" 2015 MacBook? Opinions?

In college I had a Sony ultra book. Very slim and sleek and fast. Loved it. 

In December I bought a 2015 Mac book pro with retina. Like it but I was kinda heavy. So I took it back. 

I've been using my iPad Air as my primary device. I don't have a computer or laptop. 

The new Mac came out and it's super nice and thin. I'm not a fan of the shallow keys but other that that I like it. 

Anyone get it? Like it? Looking for something to replace my iPad. I can't edit my photos off of my dslr so I kinda need a pc and I hate windows. Lol

how long is no interest on the freedom? 15 months?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone get the 12" 2015 MacBook? Opinions?

I like how the Macbook looks and design, software etc.

However, my work, mostly spreadsheets and analysis work requires the functionality of a PC; I just get stuff done, or am able with a PC.

Go with either a Macbook or PC baased on whichever helps you get the job done!

For me as a working person, a PC does it.

If I retired and no longer do financial modeling and analysis work, just do writing and surf the net with light spreadsheet use for simple calcs....I'd get the Macbook.

Right now, PC makes me most productive. How about you?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my MacBook! I have been using PC's for years and I will never go back. I use IBank for my financials after using Quicken on my PC. I like it, too.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/25-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the Apple Store and 2 best buys this weekend. They don't have any and can't keep them in stock. 

I think ink this is my sign to hold off for awhile 

Message 4 of 8
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Haven't seen the new MacBooks yet!! I love my MacBook Pro though Heart

I got my first MacBook in 2007 and it lasted until 2013 when I got this Pro (the computer did still work but the battery no longer held a charge and it got really sllowwwww and the OS was way out date, lol). I find Macs last way longer than their PC counterparts (I've never had a PC last longer than 2 years; I pay twice as much for MacBook and it last 3 times longer so it works for me!). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 5 of 8
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I have a 2013 MacBook Air and absolutely love it (thanks to Barclay Arrival+ 12 month no interest sign up Smiley Very Happy ).  The new MacBook specs look very promising and now it even comes in the same color as the iPhone!  I'd say wait until the El Capitan comes out which is in what, a few more months? and then get it but that's just me. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got super lucky today and found one at bestbuy. It was an open box and I got it for $1175 Smiley Happy looks brand new
Message 7 of 8
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

I have a 15" retina macbook but I don't ever use it. I definitely prefer Windows and use my desktop if I'm at home. It's a good product though, so enjoy!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.