Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,941
Registered: ‎07-17-2013

Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???

So, I need a new mattress desperately. Have been readng about the Saatva mattesses, and the all reviews are "wonderful", which makes me leary. Have seen some terrible reviews on the Consumer Reports site, and Consumer Reports grades it "average". 

 

Have also heard that the company pays some people for their "awesome" reviews....hear say. 

 

Anyway....is there anyone here that has this mattress, or know of anyone that does, and if, thoughts???   Thanks Smiley Wink

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎08-21-2016

Re: Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???

Have't seen much on that.  I always see adds for the Purple mattress and they get some really good reviews.   Even saw a couple YouTube video of people recreating the egg test (which passed each time).   sleeplikethedead.com is a great mattress review site. They have multiple categories for selection (short/tall, big folks/not so big folks, even ranks on uh.. other nightly activities ).  

 

I bought a Sleep Innovations foam mattress off Amazon last year under $600 for king and it's been great so far.  

Capital One- QS1 ($500>$2000), Platinum ($500) | Discover IT ($1400>$2400) | Barclaycard Rewards ($1300) | Victoria's Secret ($250) | Kohls ($400>$2000) | Amazon Store Card ($800> $1400) I AMEX NCE ($500)

Starting: 513-ish
Current: EX- 652, TU- , EQ- 612
Goal: 650 across the board

In the garden until April 2018
Moderator
Posts: 15,419
Registered: ‎10-07-2014

Re: Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???

[ Edited ]

pizza1 wrote:

So, I need a new mattress desperately. Have been readng about the Saatva mattesses, and the all reviews are "wonderful", which makes me leary. Have seen some terrible reviews on the Consumer Reports site, and Consumer Reports grades it "average". 

 

Have also heard that the company pays some people for their "awesome" reviews....hear say. 

 

Anyway....is there anyone here that has this mattress, or know of anyone that does, and if, thoughts???   Thanks Smiley Wink


Pizza, I have one and love it.  The mattress and the company are great.  From another site I frequent I know a lot of people that have purchased one and they love it as well.  However they did pay me to post this Smiley Tongue

Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,941
Registered: ‎07-17-2013

Re: Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???


Irish80 wrote:

pizza1 wrote:

So, I need a new mattress desperately. Have been readng about the Saatva mattesses, and the all reviews are "wonderful", which makes me leary. Have seen some terrible reviews on the Consumer Reports site, and Consumer Reports grades it "average". 

 

Have also heard that the company pays some people for their "awesome" reviews....hear say. 

 

Anyway....is there anyone here that has this mattress, or know of anyone that does, and if, thoughts???   Thanks Smiley Wink


Pizza, I have one and love it.  The mattress and the company are great.  From another site I frequent I know a lot of people that have purchased one and they love it as well.  However they did pay me to post this Smiley Tongue


small world, lol..Thanks IrishSmiley Happy

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Moderator
Posts: 15,419
Registered: ‎10-07-2014

Re: Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???


pizza1 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

pizza1 wrote:

So, I need a new mattress desperately. Have been readng about the Saatva mattesses, and the all reviews are "wonderful", which makes me leary. Have seen some terrible reviews on the Consumer Reports site, and Consumer Reports grades it "average". 

 

Have also heard that the company pays some people for their "awesome" reviews....hear say. 

 

Anyway....is there anyone here that has this mattress, or know of anyone that does, and if, thoughts???   Thanks Smiley Wink


Pizza, I have one and love it.  The mattress and the company are great.  From another site I frequent I know a lot of people that have purchased one and they love it as well.  However they did pay me to post this Smiley Tongue


small world, lol..Thanks IrishSmiley Happy


Anytime,.  Don't forget my offer Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎11-09-2016

Re: Anyone have experience w/ a Saatva mattress???

I just bought a mattress after a lot of searching. I wasn't so sure about the foam/gel bed in a bag things but decided to give it a try. I went with one from Overstock called Slumber Solutions- the 14" King size was only a little over $500 and had great reviews. I was going to go for a more expensive one and started to think- do I really care what brand it is? Are there really that many ways to make foam and gel that would render one that much better than another? Does it really matter if the cover is prettier on the more expensive ones? And, at $500, if I have to replace it sooner than a $1-$1.5K model, I'm still probably ahead.

 Someone on the site actually said they bought and returned a Saatva in exchange for this one and liked it better. Of course, the paid review thing could be at work there too. Anyway, we've only had a few weeks and I am utterly in love. I got the medium firm and it feels perfect. It doesn't suck you in like I feared and the gel keeps it from making you feel too warm. The descritpion says "20 year limited manufacturer warranty" but I'm sure that's full of disclaimers. I'd be THRILLED with 10 years. Free shipping too Smiley Happy


CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693

Gardening since 9/7/17 Aiming for a mortgage October 2018

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.