Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have ideas on how to make extra income

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have ideas on how to make extra income

I have already work a full time job, sick mother, and two small kids.  My husband is gone with his job.  We were looking for something that we could do online to make extra income to pay off debt.  Anyone have any ideas that arent scams?  Everything seems so scammy!  :-(

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have ideas on how to make extra income

Unfortunately nobody on here can post the name or names of the companies they work with on the side, since they'd benefit from doing so. I will post that I am a W-2er with the biz I own, own a 2nd traditional biz on the side, and own a well-known private franchise for a 3rd. Definitely keep your options open. Working a 9-5 was so last generation and those ahead of the curve have other business interests on the side. 

Message 2 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Well I was looking at medical billing but you cant find a legit company!  

*sigh*

Tried to start other businesses but it is so hard to start. 

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 8
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

How about yard sales and ebay?  I admit, I have a love-hate relationship with ebay, but at the end of the day, it makes me money.  It started with clearing out my husband's grandparent's house but has escalated from there.  There are so many things that I've sold that I would have given away in the past.  I've made 6k on ebay from July '11 - July '12 and probably a couple thousand more in yard sales.  Most of the yard sale stuff I've sold isn't stuff that was even mine.  Check craigslist and freecycle for freebies and then sell them.  My husband laughs at me for doing it, but I don't work so this is my way of feeling like I'm contributing. 

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@fuzzybean wrote:

How about yard sales and ebay?  I admit, I have a love-hate relationship with ebay, but at the end of the day, it makes me money.  It started with clearing out my husband's grandparent's house but has escalated from there.  There are so many things that I've sold that I would have given away in the past.  I've made 6k on ebay from July '11 - July '12 and probably a couple thousand more in yard sales.  Most of the yard sale stuff I've sold isn't stuff that was even mine.  Check craigslist and freecycle for freebies and then sell them.  My husband laughs at me for doing it, but I don't work so this is my way of feeling like I'm contributing. 

Nice post!  Great advice.   Also I have found that if you can find a hobby or a passion you have and turn it into a part time job or way to make money it works out great!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

That is a great idea and I am going to look at that.  I like to make hair bows but it has been a while.  Down here in the south every little girl has to have them.  Smiley Happy

Maybe for the Holidays I can do some christmas ones if I can get ribbon at a reasonable price.

Starting Score:

Message 6 of 8
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

That is a great idea and I am going to look at that.  I like to make hair bows but it has been a while.  Down here in the south every little girl has to have them.  Smiley Happy

Maybe for the Holidays I can do some christmas ones if I can get ribbon at a reasonable price.

My girls used to wear bows all the time.  They've all grown out of it.  Go for it!  You can even sell your bows at yard sales.  My oldest makes key chains from craft lace and sells them when we have yard sales.  She made $15 on Saturday.  Not a lot, but a great lesson for a teen!

Message 7 of 8
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

That is a good idea ;0)

Down here you may be able to get into stores and shops.  I am not good enough for that yet, but I will be. 

I miss selling stuff on Ebay ... Great Advice, I am going to think about some of this.

Starting Score:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.