Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone in Tampa Bay area? (tampa credit group?) lol

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone in Tampa Bay area?

Nope.. But really close though. We in Miami here.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

yep 813 as well. 2 years now Smiley Happy

awesome there's quite a few people around Tampa =)

anyways let me know if you guys want to meet up sometime for dinner and just chat about experiences or something LOL we could potentially help a lot of people if we network properly. I'm getting a credit consultant certified just so I have something I can use , I intend to go to some schools and volunteer if they let me educate high school students a crash course on how credit works and why it's important.

If we need to get this country out of debt we need to encourage proper credit usage so we can keep the future generation out of debt. There's a great Korean BBQ restaurant Off W Hillsborough Ave. I love we can meet up whenever if anyone's interested. If you've never had Korean BBQ it's amazing.... if your a meat lover you'll be happy. 

We could potentially help people with new experiences like buying a house, experiences with companies and financing, hidden fees, or we could even help piggy back eachother if we need. Just a lot of things. There's always little tips and tricks a lot of people on the boards never discuss, so it's just fun to meet new people, especially onces focused and dedicated and serious about important things in life like credit. It would also be educational for friends and family who are not come so they can understand how important things are as some friends or family wouldn't listen to you but might listen if a whole group was talking about it. Helps gets the point across how much you could save in your life if you kept a good credit history =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

If I reside in the area I would be all aboard. However I think you have a beautiful project you are attempting to but in to place. Good luck

Message 13 of 18
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

I would be down. I'm not a seasoned credit veteran quite yet (on the young side and battling through the debt in the siggy!), but would def be cool to talk! How do you become credit advising certified? I would be interested in that. It would be quite beneficial to teach high school kids about credit and its importance down the road! Perhaps even discuss student loans, what to look for to not get screwed, and what is realistically affordable. Solid idea.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 14 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jm00ser wrote:

I would be down. I'm not a seasoned credit veteran quite yet (on the young side and battling through the debt in the siggy!), but would def be cool to talk! How do you become credit advising certified? I would be interested in that. It would be quite beneficial to teach high school kids about credit and its importance down the road! Perhaps even discuss student loans, what to look for to not get screwed, and what is realistically affordable. Solid idea.

credit counseling is supposed to help people consolidate debt, but just the title itself should help get in the door for credit education at the very least. I'm planning on taking classes for accounting after this, and financial planner. because my ultimate goal is to help people repair their credit, and manage their accounts and finances. I would like to just help people repair their credit (I got almost all mine removed for free minus time and postage) because collections credit card companies and credit reporting bureaus from my credit repair journey I view as a complete joke. We need to educate ourselves and fight back so we can force them to abide by the law.

Many companies cut corners to save money, and ruining our credit further than legally allowed by law. Also there is NO reason why paying a charged off or collections should EVER drop your score. This happened to me last year.  for paying 3 old accounts that got marked paid in full since it updated the last date of activity it made it appear to be a fresh collections. 

Message 15 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

anyways if anyone wants to meet up jus send me a pm i'll try to schedule something just tell me what's a good day for you

Message 16 of 18
alboto
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone in Tampa Bay area? (tampa credit group?) lol

From Miami here, but living in the Memphis area and will be living here until next year though.
Message 17 of 18
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone in Tampa Bay area? (tampa credit group?) lol

813 now, formally 352 though Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.