Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything Ever STRANGE Happen to You?

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Anything Ever STRANGE Happen to You?

I think we all have an additional *sense* built-in.  When I was a teen., about 15 I believe....I used to walk a lot with a close friend (same age).  We passed a few men on break from a machine shop.  There was a little area near the highway that was beautiful.  We were sitting on a log talking...I had the strangest *feeling*.  I turned my head a little bit to the right and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man behind a tree.

I gingerly touched her arm and whispered....RUN!!  We both jumped up and ran to the highway.  Behind us there were three men.  Wonder what they had in mind?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anything Ever STRANGE Happen to You?

...one time I read a post title and it seemed like two of the words were out of order... WEIRD! Smiley Wink

((picking on you.. I'll post a serious response in a little while Smiley Happy ))
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom calls that "feeling" the woo-woos. She's had LOTS of strange experiences, most would discount as just weirdness.

There was a big plane full of Marines that crashed in the 70's. She was AD USMC at the time. She draemed it the night before & woke so sad because she dreamed all night of just screaming and jungles and dying. Then found out the plane crashed.

On 9/11, I called her when I saw it on the news. She was bawling, on her way to her therapist, said she couldn't talk. Later she found out about 9/11. She dreamed all night again of stabbing & screaming, woke with the most horrible sense of loss. Freaked her out so much she went in to see her therapist.. on the way there, she heard on the radio a man in the next town (Waynesboro) had flipped & killed his whole family with a kitchen knife the night before, a really horrible bloody scene. She thought that had triggered her dream. Then she found out about 9/11 and the boxcutters used on the plane, now she doesn't know which event it was that triggered her.

Ummm... my ex-MIL would smell sickly-sweet funeral flowers every time there was a tragic event in her family. No one believed her. Then she and I were in a hotel parking lot and smelled them together. A few hours later, got the call that her cousin had a major heart attack & quadruple bypass. Almost died. Then we smelled them again in a grocery store parking lot (I'm not making this up, it was the weirdest thing).. and another cousin, who she was raised with like sisters, died the next day. I've never smelled them since. It was only around her that it happened.

She was an awesome lady. She died (killed by my ex's dad...) and DH and I saw her in my house. Apricot-colored chiffon bedroom-type robe. closed the door to DD's room (she was their caregiver when alive, while I worked) and the robe got caught in the draft of the door closing, so it sort of sucked back through as the door closed. We both saw it clear as day. My brain just said "oh, it's just Sandy checking on the girls." DH (we were dating at the time) is a devout, DEVOUT Catholic and only believes in angels and demons.. he was wide-eyed and white as a ghost. We both just stared at each other. crept over, opened the door (it was closed completely, and there was no material hanging to have been swept up like this robe was) and no one was there. Just the girls sleeping. He still talks about it to this day. The only paranormal-type experience he's ever had. He says it was her as an angel, I say it was her spirit.. whatever.. bottom line is, my dead MIL in an apricot chiffon robe closed the door to my children's room quietly while we were watching TV...
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a strange link to my daughter, I always know things.  Like one time she was little and away from me and got hurt and cried out moma and I heard her. I also know when bad things are going to happen sometimes days before.  In my family only.  Vicki
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a uncle to whom I was very fond of he had cancer and was terminally ill the transmission in their car had gone out. My boss at the time give them one at no charge due to the circumstances, I went down there one evening to drop it off so the guy could put it in for them. My uncle had took a terrible turn for the worse I went outside to leave and noticed I had a flat tire @ 1 AM  my uncle asked me stay the night I did.The next morning I went outside with my cousin to remove the tire and take it to get it repaired just for the heck of it he put air in it and it held. We waited for a while still held air in the mean time I went ahead and installed the transmission in the car for him while I was there went inside to tell him it was ready to go and I told him goodbye. I drove home with the air I put in at his house  I drove on that same tire for 6-8 mos it never lost 1 psi of air until I had to replace the whole set due to wear. Man is that weird or what? No JK true story. Credit 08
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When my grandmother died, the 60+ year old Seth Thomas mantle clock that my grandfather had given her stopped at the time of her death. To the minute. We didn't notice it until a few days later.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Our daughter was excited to hear that we were expecting #3. We were inside the sono room waiting to hear what the baby's sex would be. In the room were DW, myself, DS#1 (2 yrs then) , DD (5 then), dear mom-in-law, and the tech.

The sono tech then announced that we would have a Boy! Our daughter then said. "Oh No!, Oh No!, Oh No!, I wanted to have a baby sister!". No Joke Here, she looked around the room as she clearly said, "Then his name shall be Jonathan David". Up to this point, we lost the two previous due to miscarries, we had not thought of any names.

We later asked her how she came up with that name and asked her if she got that name from a friend at school. She said, "No, God told me to say it". Later that night we did a bible study on Jonathan and David.
Message 7 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Many years ago when I worked nights, I got off work around 2 am.  It was officially the anniversary of my Fathers death.  It had been raining like mad for days & streets were closed all over the city.  I finally got home...to no electricity!  As I sat on the side of my bed, I looked up at the cross from my dads casket (it's always hung on my bedroom wall).  I just told him that I hoped he knew how much I loved him & missed him & as I said this I ran my fingers down the length of the cross...and my phone rang!  I jumped a mile & picked it up....nothing there!

The next day I spoke with my neighbor across the hall & she told me the electric & phones had gone out the evening before around 6 pm..... Neither came back on til the next day.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.