Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Pay

new rumor i heard is that it won't be out till november. With that being said i want to test out google wallet one of these days. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple pay is out. Just added my Amex Platinum, CSP, and BOA Rewards. Amex shows transaction history. About to use it to buy some fast food for a late lunch.
Message 22 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Apple pay is out. Just added my Amex Platinum, CSP, and BOA Rewards. Amex shows transaction history. About to use it to buy some fast food for a late lunch.

I wonder how apple pay makes sure you get bonus categories when you use apple for say if you have IT or freedom attached to the apple pay. I did use google wallet at cvs its quite neat that you can do that. 

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder how apple pay makes sure you get bonus categories when you use apple for say if you have IT or freedom attached to the apple pay. I did use google wallet at cvs its quite neat that you can do that. 

It comes up the same. Here is my transaction from today 

Message 24 of 34
psm
Contributor

Anyone know if Fidelity Amex will be supported on Apple Pay?

08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because the respective bank handles the transaction still, not Apple.

The merchant and vendor codes don't change. 

Message 26 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not an apple guy but i wanted to try it out with google wallet, but i can't find any restaurants or smoothie places that do nfc payments. I will wait for my EDP to come and will add it on google wallet and see if i can bonus for either groceries or gas. 

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not an apple guy but i wanted to try it out with google wallet, but i can't find any restaurants or smoothie places that do nfc payments. I will wait for my EDP to come and will add it on google wallet and see if i can bonus for either groceries or gas. 

You will, used my EDP at the gas station and grocery store yesterday, and it coded them as gas station and grocery store still while using Apple Pay.

The bank, in this case American Express, STILL handles the transaction, Apple does not.

That being said, nothing changes, except you're not using the physical card.

Message 28 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You will, used my EDP at the gas station and grocery store yesterday, and it coded them as gas station and grocery store still while using Apple Pay.

The bank, in this case American Express, STILL handles the transaction, Apple does not.

That being said, nothing changes, except you're not using the physical card.

well waiting on both my ink and edp to be delivered will try them out , and see if i get my bonuses:-) I did try it at the dentist the other day and it didn't work  , but lady there said the machine is weird sometimes :-(

Message 29 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I know probably nobody on here uses debit cards on apple pay, since you are get nothing back, but if you know anybody that does you should maybe tell them not such an good idea, especially if you use boa debit cards. They were getting double and triple charged . 

http://gizmodo.com/some-bank-of-america-customers-are-getting-double-charg-1649399276

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.