Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you satisfied with your career?

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Are you satisfied with your career?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are you satisfied with your career?

Nope...

Message 2 of 16
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Absolutely.  Recently promoted to call center manager for a major cable provider in TX.  I'm paid well (although it could always be better) and something new comes up every single day.  What a rush!

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 3 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a retired firefighter and was very satisfied with what I did but now I'm even happier.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I'm a retired firefighter and was very satisfied with what I did but now I'm even happier.  Smiley Happy

I have a bunch of buddies who're trying to become firefighters out here in OC California( It's extremely difficult to get hired on).

Me, I'm becoming a Law Enforcement officer after I finish my BA.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Retired from the Sheriffs dept.   Loved my job, but I am enjoying the retirement years.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 16
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Retired from the Sheriffs dept.   Loved my job, but I am enjoying the retirement years.

Nice, I'm hoping to attend the Sheriffs Academy out here soon. If everything goes as planned, I will be starting in 3 months.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 7 of 16
MattH
Senior Contributor

Yes: my work is intellectually fascinating and should help discover new treatments for serious diseases.  For all our faults, we in the pharmaceutical industry are working very hard to help actual patients with very serious diseases.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 8 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Nice, I'm hoping to attend the Sheriffs Academy out here soon. If everything goes as planned, I will be starting in 3 months.

Hope you make it.  I think it's one of the finest jobs a person can have.  There are many career opportunities in the dept. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 16
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Hope you make it.  I think it's one of the finest jobs a person can have.  There are many career opportunities in the dept. 

Thanks for your opinion, I will definitely work my butt off to become a LEO one day.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.