Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America fee waived.

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America fee waived.

Don't ever let them tell you they can't waive any fee. Because they're liars.. and if they do esclate and threathen to close the account. See how much they value the relationship!!  Heres the story:

They charged me a fee for an INCOMING wire.

Call #1 (before the wire): CSR: "unfortunately you will be charged a fee but if you call back someone MAY waive it for you"

Call#2 (after the wire): CSR: "unfortunately I can't waive that fee it will just reverse back to your account" 

ME (thinking): I guess I was born yesterday

....a week later...

Call #3 (after the wire): I explain the situation, get right to the point if I cant have this fee waived I will close this account because it will be obvious that you all do not appreciate my business. The CSR insists he's worked for several banks and no one waives the fee and that no one has the ability to waive the fee. 

ME: "well since you don't have the ability to esclate me to someone who does"

CSR: "I can let you talk to my supervisor but he does have the ability too either" 

ME: "well go ahead and esclate and if he can't I will proceed with closing this account"

....minutes pass by....

CSR:"I spoke with my manager and he said that given the relationship we will go ahead and waive the fee"

Moral of the story...Never take no for an answer!

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America fee waived.

I tried this a month ago.... They did not care and they seem more then helpful on closing my checking/savings... Now I have a strange payment made to my credit card, that bounced and hit with $20.50 in fees. Call them tomorrow about that one, I just paid off $3,800 in debt and can't wait to those update.

~Steven

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.