cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking Advice needed.... please.

tag
Miss_Donna30

Banking Advice needed.... please.

I have been banking with Citizens Bank for the past 4 years now. I had a problem with a overdraft at HSBC, which placed me in the Chexsystem. Citizens Bank opened up my checking and saving account with no problem. However, I suffer from Bi-Polar, and when I was manic, I did a few crazy things one night because I couldn't sleep. To make a long story short, I tried to open a bank account online... to see if I was indeed still in the Chexsystem.... then another, and another. Well, now, I have an account with Bank of America, Citizens Bank, and my local credit union. Oh, and my student bank account. I don't know what to do!!!!!! Advice is greatly needed.

I forgot to add, I don't have a BOA in my town, if I don't do online banking... I have to drive 25miles to the closest Bank.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Banking Advice needed.... please.

What do you want advice with?

If you have all the bank accounts open, keep them open if they are "free".  Make sure you understand the rules for each account.

I have multiple accounts (military - we move around alot and had to open new ones when we moved - kept them open - this was before online banking, etc).  I just make small deposits into them (either transfer online or in person or through paypal) and keep them active.   

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.