cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before You Get A Citicard....read this...

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Before You Get A Citicard....read this...

Dunno.

I have a Citi Dividend card for a little over 2 years; a little more than a year after I had my card, I started getting small but regular, 6-month interval SP CLIs on that card. So far got 3 of them, the last one a couple of months ago.

Bank Of America on the other hand I'm hearing horror stories of accounts getting shut down all of a sudden.

Not that Citi is a godsend. They've got their share of horror stories too. Can't really say one's better than the other. 

Message 11 of 46
mxp114
Valued Contributor

nevermind lol

Message 12 of 46
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I certainly understand every lender has their policies, but let me explain why Citi's are a little out of whack.  

In 2013, with my BK on all my reports, I got a credit limit increase.  Since that time I have paid my card, and every card on my CR on time.  The Citi card I PIF.

The problem I have is that if they say I am such a great client, or one of their best, and they honored an increase two years ago, and that same negative info is on my CR, they should bend and honor it again or give a logical reason why they cannot.  Give me a one dollar increase to at least show they will work with their customers.

Here is another odd thing....I called them to ask them if I could charge 25k on my card to pay for a funeral, my limit is 12k, they came back on the phone and said...yes no problem.

Now if they are letting me charge double my CL, why can't they give me a CLI for one dollar ?

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

That number would be appreciated. Lol.
Message 14 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ghoshida wrote:

Dunno.

I have a Citi Dividend card for a little over 2 years; a little more than a year after I had my card, I started getting small but regular, 6-month interval SP CLIs on that card. So far got 3 of them, the last one a couple of months ago.

Bank Of America on the other hand I'm hearing horror stories of accounts getting shut down all of a sudden.

Not that Citi is a godsend. They've got their share of horror stories too. Can't really say one's better than the other. 

Agree.

Andy - Capital One doesn't have a direct contact with UW, just like Citi.  And I'm aware you've had your share of woes with them for sometime now Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 46
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Bank of America has always worked with me and even though they have not always honored my requests, I know for a FACT they overlooked some inquiries from time to time.

Citibank is odd in the sense that you can get an increase, then use your account very well (PIF like I do) and then you cannot get an increase again years later.  

They can't tell you, other then generic reasons on their letterhead, why they declined you and there is no one you can talk to that will actually do anything, my experience in six years.

Bank of America you can actually call and talk and sometimes the next analyst you talk to will override what the previous analyst decided.

I think as is the case with Chase (as I got explained in another post), Citi might have its internal limit for you and at this time, you've hit that ceiling. Unless your profile improves significantly or a good deal of time goes by, that internal score may not change; hence the limits won't go up.

Message 16 of 46
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Capital One actually does have a direct number to their executive offices and they have been great to me.

Message 17 of 46
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Capital One actually does have a direct number to their executive offices and they have been great to me.

That number is now gone. 

Sigh.

You could only reach them via email or possibly social network.

Andy, have you tried social network for Citi? Maybe post / message them on FB / twitter? Asking them for some genuine info / help / directions how to proceed?

Message 18 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

Their EO yes, and so do I, but you don't have a direct number for their UW folks. 

So, curiously OP, did you ever burn Citi or IIB?

Message 19 of 46
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I read the number now directs you to standard reps? EO's are great but contrary to popular belief aren't always the end of the line. Some issuers like Citi, Capital One and others have options that go beyond EO for a definitive decision.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.