Reply
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Best high yield savings?


creditnocash wrote:

Dustink wrote:


citizens bank. its a money market plus account. 

 


ZIP Code is out of our business area - Please try again

 

Bummer

 


ouch. where are you located? usually if you put down 10k in a mm. its not something light. 

i would google around or just go to a bunch of websites of banks around your area. 


I am in San Francisco, CA. My bank offers 0.1% haha.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,635
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Best high yield savings?


Dustink wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

Dustink wrote:


citizens bank. its a money market plus account. 

 


ZIP Code is out of our business area - Please try again

 

Bummer

 


ouch. where are you located? usually if you put down 10k in a mm. its not something light. 

i would google around or just go to a bunch of websites of banks around your area. 


I am in San Francisco, CA. My bank offers 0.1% haha.

 


I would just go for ally. It's totally free. they do a HP for checking I believe, but soft (and possibly chex) for savings/cd/MMA. 

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,710
Registered: ‎10-16-2008

Re: Best high yield savings?

Ally is good.

 

You might want to try Amex, too, if you have a relationship with them. 0.90% isn't the best, but no minimums, etc.

 

Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Best high yield savings?


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Ally is good.

 

You might want to try Amex, too, if you have a relationship with them. 0.90% isn't the best, but no minimums, etc.

 


I was also looking into amex. I have a CC with them, so it might be an option. I wonder if they favor customers with accounts for things like CLI's.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,710
Registered: ‎10-16-2008

Re: Best high yield savings?

Possibly, Dustink. 

 

I have the sneaking feeling that they (Amex) might feel more comfortable in knowing that they can whack the savings account if you go bad on the credit account....just like BOA (and a few others...ya gotta read the small print).

 

 

Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Best high yield savings?


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Possibly, Dustink. 

 

I have the sneaking feeling that they (Amex) might feel more comfortable in knowing that they can whack the savings account if you go bad on the credit account....just like BOA (and a few others...ya gotta read the small print).

 

 


I would understand if that happened. Although, I think I would drain my savings before defaulting on a credit card. I never make purchases that I don't already have cash to cover. I have seen too many people screw up their credit. 

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,635
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Best high yield savings?


Dustink wrote:

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Possibly, Dustink. 

 

I have the sneaking feeling that they (Amex) might feel more comfortable in knowing that they can whack the savings account if you go bad on the credit account....just like BOA (and a few others...ya gotta read the small print).

 

 


I would understand if that happened. Although, I think I would drain my savings before defaulting on a credit card. I never make purchases that I don't already have cash to cover. I have seen too many people screw up their credit. 

 


AFAIK they don't take your deposit accounts into account when doing UW for a card. The amex deposit accounts are American Express FSB, the cards are American Express Centurion Bank which operate as two seperate entities, unlike banks like Chase, BoA, WF that do everything together. 

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112
Posts: 469
Registered: ‎04-09-2012

Re: Best high yield savings?

I have an online savings account with Barclays at 1%.  No fees and I don't think they a minimum deposit.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Best high yield savings?


kimmiller112 wrote:

I have an online savings account with Barclays at 1%.  No fees and I don't think they a minimum deposit.


Do you have a link.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,635
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Best high yield savings?


Dustink wrote:

kimmiller112 wrote:

I have an online savings account with Barclays at 1%.  No fees and I don't think they a minimum deposit.


Do you have a link.

 


https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/index.html?refid=BBDGLPSBRAG0512&mkwid=seNsjFbjF&pcrid=1355156247...


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}