Did you mean: 

Best high yield savings?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Best high yield savings?

@creditnocash wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

citizens bank. its a money market plus account. 

ZIP Code is out of our business area - Please try again

Bummer

ouch. where are you located? usually if you put down 10k in a mm. its not something light. 

i would google around or just go to a bunch of websites of banks around your area. 

I am in San Francisco, CA. My bank offers 0.1% haha.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

citizens bank. its a money market plus account. 

ZIP Code is out of our business area - Please try again

Bummer

ouch. where are you located? usually if you put down 10k in a mm. its not something light. 

i would google around or just go to a bunch of websites of banks around your area. 

I am in San Francisco, CA. My bank offers 0.1% haha.

I would just go for ally. It's totally free. they do a HP for checking I believe, but soft (and possibly chex) for savings/cd/MMA. 

Message 12 of 25
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Ally is good.

You might want to try Amex, too, if you have a relationship with them. 0.90% isn't the best, but no minimums, etc.

Message 13 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Ally is good.

You might want to try Amex, too, if you have a relationship with them. 0.90% isn't the best, but no minimums, etc.

I was also looking into amex. I have a CC with them, so it might be an option. I wonder if they favor customers with accounts for things like CLI's.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 25
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Possibly, Dustink. 

I have the sneaking feeling that they (Amex) might feel more comfortable in knowing that they can whack the savings account if you go bad on the credit account....just like BOA (and a few others...ya gotta read the small print).

Message 15 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Possibly, Dustink. 

I have the sneaking feeling that they (Amex) might feel more comfortable in knowing that they can whack the savings account if you go bad on the credit account....just like BOA (and a few others...ya gotta read the small print).

I would understand if that happened. Although, I think I would drain my savings before defaulting on a credit card. I never make purchases that I don't already have cash to cover. I have seen too many people screw up their credit. 

Message 16 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Possibly, Dustink. 

I would understand if that happened. Although, I think I would drain my savings before defaulting on a credit card. I never make purchases that I don't already have cash to cover. I have seen too many people screw up their credit. 

AFAIK they don't take your deposit accounts into account when doing UW for a card. The amex deposit accounts are American Express FSB, the cards are American Express Centurion Bank which operate as two seperate entities, unlike banks like Chase, BoA, WF that do everything together. 

Message 17 of 25
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I have an online savings account with Barclays at 1%.  No fees and I don't think they a minimum deposit.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 18 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I have an online savings account with Barclays at 1%.  No fees and I don't think they a minimum deposit.

Do you have a link.

Message 19 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@kimmiller112 wrote:

Do you have a link.

https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/index.html?refid=BBDGLPSBRAG0512&mkwid=seNsjFbjF&pcrid=1355156247...

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.