Did you mean: 

Best high yield savings?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Best high yield savings?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally Bank,

good one in this regard...the most important thing is that you can open with 0$....

Message 22 of 25
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Ally - .95% no minimum Amex - .90% no minimum Discover - .80% $500.00 minimum All F.D.I.C. insured and no fees. (that I know of)
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 23 of 25
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I'm researching high yield savings accounts and had some questions.  I am planning on keeping a minimum balance in my current bank account to cover expenses, but keep the majority in a high yield account.  I am looking into Ally, and under fees it says $20 for outgoing wires.  Does this mean if I want to transfer money from my Ally account to my CU account, it would cost $20?

Message 24 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@westcoastpirate wrote:

I'm researching high yield savings accounts and had some questions.  I am planning on keeping a minimum balance in my current bank account to cover expenses, but keep the majority in a high yield account.  I am looking into Ally, and under fees it says $20 for outgoing wires.  Does this mean if I want to transfer money from my Ally account to my CU account, it would cost $20?

No. Transfers are free, WIRES cost $20. They operate differently. a transfer is (AFAIK) what is known as an ACH (Automated Clearing House). It usually takes 3-5 days for it to clear. a wire (once again, afaik) is instantly, which is where the cost comes in. 

I keep all of my money in my MMA with ally, and transfer into either my wells fargo or chase checking a lump sum once a month that will cover my CC bills since HYS and MMA are limited to 6 transactions (ATM doesn't count for money market) per month. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.