Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Best high yield savings?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
DavidSalvador8100

Ally Bank,

good one in this regard...the most important thing is that you can open with 0$....

Frequent Contributor
7PM789

Ally - .95% no minimum Amex - .90% no minimum Discover - .80% $500.00 minimum All F.D.I.C. insured and no fees. (that I know of)
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover More - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k -
W.M.TU-776(Oct/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Contributor
westcoastpirate

I'm researching high yield savings accounts and had some questions.  I am planning on keeping a minimum balance in my current bank account to cover expenses, but keep the majority in a high yield account.  I am looking into Ally, and under fees it says $20 for outgoing wires.  Does this mean if I want to transfer money from my Ally account to my CU account, it would cost $20?

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

westcoastpirate wrote:

I'm researching high yield savings accounts and had some questions.  I am planning on keeping a minimum balance in my current bank account to cover expenses, but keep the majority in a high yield account.  I am looking into Ally, and under fees it says $20 for outgoing wires.  Does this mean if I want to transfer money from my Ally account to my CU account, it would cost $20?

No. Transfers are free, WIRES cost $20. They operate differently. a transfer is (AFAIK) what is known as an ACH (Automated Clearing House). It usually takes 3-5 days for it to clear. a wire (once again, afaik) is instantly, which is where the cost comes in. 

I keep all of my money in my MMA with ally, and transfer into either my wells fargo or chase checking a lump sum once a month that will cover my CC bills since HYS and MMA are limited to 6 transactions (ATM doesn't count for money market) per month. 

;

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}