Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to sell my car??

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Best way to sell my car??

Any ideas on the best way to go about selling my car (in Texas) While I am overseas (in Afghanistan)??

*8/10/13
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Best way to sell my car??

Message 2 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Yes

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Carmax is probably going to be the easiest no hassle way of selling. There are also used car dealers that will top whatever price Carmax offers, at least by a few hundred, so get an appraisal from Carmax, and then have your POA bring it to those dealers.

You get more for selling through private party but I have always found it to be too much of a hassle.

It depends on what car you are selling too. If your car is worth >50k, its better to just sell to a dealership. Not as many people have 50k cash sitting around to buy a used car.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Ahh ok...thanks for the help....

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 7
eagles08
Regular Contributor

I've seen some used car dealers take cars someone was having trouble selling, put it on the lot, and sell it as consignment.  Not sure how many car dealers do this but for a percentage it seems like a decent deal if you will be gone or are just having trouble selling the car yourself.

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 6 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:

I've seen some used car dealers take cars someone was having trouble selling, put it on the lot, and sell it as consignment.  Not sure how many car dealers do this but for a percentage it seems like a decent deal if you will be gone or are just having trouble selling the car yourself.

Thanks..I will check into that.

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.