Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

I'm speechless. This is amazing! What a great experience for the two of you to have together! Best wishes and good thoughts for your journey. Check in now and then to let us know where you are and how things are going.

Message 11 of 98
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All I can think is, this man has buns of steel for sitting on a bike that long.

May the weather be on your side, and this is definitely a joyful bucket list item!  Have fun and if you want Mexican, we Californians have the best in the nation.  Hint hint for food pit stops.

My partner is a semi-professional cyclist as well, with several regional racing titles under his belt, and yeah the buns are nice to look at! Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, my friends. I feel very fortunate to have such nice and supportive friends on myfico. Your support will help buoy me along during this journey. Smiley Happy

I'll send updates and stop in to say hello once we get underway on the biking portion back from CA to FL. We leave tomorrow night on the train to pick up a rental van on the East Coast (rental van was much less expensive in a different city than the one we live in, so we have to take the train there), then we need to drive all the way to the West Coast together with the bike in back.

We'll have one night in a hotel to marshal our stamina out in CA, and then he will bike back from CA to FL, most likely starting on 4/5 or 4/6 depending on how long we take to drive out there first. Logistically, we have to make it to the starting line first, which is a journey! Smiley Happy

Certainly, getting to the start line will be an exercise in utilizing multiple forms of transportation! Kind of an Amazing Race type of deal, as it were.

My main goal is to keep my husband uplifted and motivated as this will be quite a daily strain on him physically.

I appreciate your good thoughts and prayers and will keep in touch along the way.

Message 13 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yikes I have made that trip in a car 🚗, from Jax FL to San Diego Ca and it's a LONG LONG TRIP. Esp thru the desert 🌵 I am keeping you guys in my thoughts . What part of Cali are you guys going to ? If you don't mind me asking ?
Message 14 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are starting in West Palm Beach and going to San Diego.
Message 15 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unforunately, we are staring even lower in FL than Jacksonville. 😯
Message 16 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Oh my you guys got a long long trip 😯
Message 17 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Driving in van across country now. His bike is in the back. We were in Natchez 2 days ago (extremely pretty; I had no idea. I see now why my dad liked steamboatin' and wanted to do a paddlewheel boat trip, Robert Fulton style, but an elegant one), and Oklahoma today. Some gorgeous mountains in Oklahoma. Had no idea of that either.

I've already been in all 50 states except AK and SD, and did a driving trip across the country many years ago, but this is turning into an interesting adventure. Smiley Happy

Now we are in TX. Trying to post some photos but it is saying file too large?

Reaching out to my tech friends- I only have my iPhone available and no photo software outside of what comes on this phone- is there any way to fix this? I tried taking a photo of a photo, but it did not seem to make any difference.

Message 18 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to post pictures that have a large resolution you'll need to resize them using a 3rd party app.  One that I know of is an app called 'resize image'.  Fairly simple process to lower the resolution so that it can be posted here.

Message 19 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In order to post pictures that have a large resolution you'll need to resize them using a 3rd party app.  One that I know of is an app called 'resize image'.  Fairly simple process to lower the resolution so that it can be posted here.

Thank you, my friend. Please let me know the resolution size that I will need for myfico, and I will give it a try! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.