Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

Hi Humu, you guys stay safe outthereSmiley Happy. Enjoy it GODSPEEDSmiley Wink
Message 51 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi Humu, you guys stay safe outthereSmiley Happy. Enjoy it GODSPEEDSmiley Wink

Thank you, AverageJoes- and everyone else, too. It helps to see your encouraging words here, especially on days when we are going through a rough patch.

Message 52 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi friends,

We're in New Mexico now, and today is a really difficult climbing day on hills for my husband. The first day as we left California, he had to climb on the bike to an elevation of 7,500 feet. He was hurting badly, and was crouched over by the time we met up. 

Subsequent days have been a ton of sun and desert heat, which doesn't bother him as much as the climbs. Yesterday was more flat and he was doing well with the heat.

He even cycled some extra miles yesterday when he was feeling strong. Today is more climbing and he's having a difficult time. I also forgot to mix him up the Recoverite yesterday that he is supposed to have in water at the end of the ride, so I think I inadvertently made today a bit harder on him. I feel badly.

Please continue to keep good thoughts and prayers. I don't know how he is doing this as I can't handle any sun myself at all, much less do athletically what he is doing.

Will try to resize and post a few photos below of the last 5 days or so. Internet connectivity is not very reliable.

Message 53 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8279.JPG

IMG_8280.JPG

IMG_8281.JPG

IMG_8282.JPG

Message 54 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8283.JPG

Message 55 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry that the photos are probably not in the correct order, but it's not easy to post using a small phone.

Also, we normally don't ride at night- the one night photo was when we ended a bit later than expected.

Message 56 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Good to hear you guys are doing well Humu, I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Don't let him over do it out there in the heat and hills .
Message 57 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Good to hear you guys are doing well Humu, I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Don't let him over do it out there in the heat and hills .

Thank you, my friend. Very good advice there and I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Somehow, he is still hanging in there- this one is from today in New Mexico.....

IMG_8288.JPG

Message 58 of 98
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Stay safe on the road, my thoughts are with you guys. Also, make sure you carry road flares for the night.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 59 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Humu...

LOOKING GOOD!!!!! Smiley Happy

I'm exhausted just viewing these photos. So proud of you and the hubby.....Keeping you all in my prayers

Enjoy....watch out for scorpions and aardvarks Smiley Happy

Gregg

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.