Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

Great photos HumuSmiley Happy Continue to be safe have fun and enjoy this lasting memory. ALL my best to DH for a safe and healthy success on his journeySmiley Happy
Message 61 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Humu and hubby! Hope all is well with both of you, and that hubby is feeling good and able to recover each night. Love seeing your pictures! Reflects the beauty of each of our states, and the endurance, courage and determination that your husband embodies! He's very lucky to have your support, and that you guys are doing this together as a team! What a journey! Stay safe in your travels! Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi friends,

finally we are through Texas, a very large state. Special hello to our Texas friends musiclover and baller4. We spent one night at the beautiful Gage Hotel (very nice boutique hotel), and enjoyed it very much.

We have intermittent internet connectivity, and we also had some interesting adventures in Texas. The rear hub cracked on my husband's bicycle, so we had to drive an hour back to Houston to have it fixed and missed a day of riding.

The roads in many parts of Texas are very rough which slowed his normal speed, and on two days he had the wind going against him while simultaneously riding on very rough roads.Those two factors in tandem made achieving progress very difficult.

In many parts of Texas the roads have rocks that look as if they have been embedded in tar. It makes the road surface extremely rough. Please see below.

We're in Louisiana now and have been delayed by two days due to an injury in my husband's leg. (yesterday there was a lot of rain here, so it was a good day to be delayed anyway, as we would not have been able to proceed due to the weather.)

He is taking a third day today to rest just as a precaution, as we are using ice, heat, rest, massage, and some of those little electrical pads that a physical therapist uses. Best to be safe and fully sure he is ready to go again.

He has surprised me with a trip to thank me for helping him when we return - the challenging part of that is that we must be home on May 15 to leave for that trip. So he really has to make amazing progress in the coming days to make up for these three days lost. It's going to be difficult.

He is quite an athlete so I have confidence that he can do it. He's bicycled 2,000 miles thus far, with 1,000 more to go.

1,000 is not really a small number of miles remaining within the time frame we have! We will be using ice and heat going forward just to keep things going strong in that leg. Surprisingly, he hasn't had any neck or back pain, or other issues.

Please keep good thoughts for us as we continue, friends. Reading your words of encouragement here means a great deal to me and really helps.

hugs,

humu

Message 63 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8949.JPG

A longhorn friend in Texas Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8944.JPG

Rough roads in many parts of Texas Smiley Sad

IMG_8951.JPG

Message 65 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

Message 66 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

St. Martin's Catholic Church, the smallest Catholic church in the world. Smiley Happy

IMG_8952.JPG

Message 67 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

Message 68 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_8958.JPG

Message 69 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Humu.

Glad to know you were able to get through my home state safely.  Weather has been all over the place the last week.  Keep us posted on your progress.  My thoughts are with you and DH.

Message 70 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.