Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Senior Contributor

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

[ Edited ]
  • IMG_7810.JPG

Favorite Cards : ~ Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard ~
~ American Express Blue Cash Preferred ~ Chase Hyatt Visa Signature ~
~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Senior Contributor

IMG_7813.JPG

~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Senior Contributor

What route are you guys driving in from ? Yuma?
Regular Contributor

Yeow! I drove from LA, CA to LI, NY and back a few times in the 90's and that felt like it took forever! (37.5 hours straight through... once.)

Best wishes for a safe and successful journey!

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($1K), Discover ($11K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa ($5500), Chase CSP ($9K), FCB/Elan MC ($5K), Buckle ($1300), BofA AAA Rewards ($12K)
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aduke, we went the route from Tucson through Yuma and into San Diego.

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

After a really beautiful two days in San Diego, we are off. My husband (very fit and athletic gentleman that he is!) just went off down the trail away from the beach, and I'm here with the minivan alone.

I'll start out in about ten minutes or so, once I get my bearings and my courage about me. A little unsure here at this moment. We will be fine, it's just new and uncharted territory for us both. 

He expects to be able to complete it in a month, with going 100 miles a day and only during daytime hours. We can take 5 weeks if we have to and if we encounter delays due to weather or fatigue. Right now we are seeing extremely windy weather ahead for Saturday, so that may cause him to have to end that day early if the winds are really extreme.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!I will check in along the way when I can.

hugs,

humu

IMG_8061.JPG

Senior Contributor

That's the exact route I used to take it is beautiful in them mountains. You guys be safe out there and good luck to your hubby on the trip back .
Senior Contributor

Also prayers for you both Humu . I know you are nervous . So are you gonna be able to see him as your riding behind or how will that go ? Sorry I'm confused 😜
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Aduke,

Thank you, my friend. Smiley Happy We'll be meeting up every 30 miles along the way, and I have his route maps so I can backtrack if there is ever a problem.

He's a pretty strong cyclist though- right now I am at the 30 mile mark with some snacks and beverages, and he voice texted me that he does not need to stop yet and that we will meet up at the 40 mile mark. 

It is the first day, though, so I expect after many days of doing this, meeting every 30 miles will work well.

3,000 miles will be long. I think it is fabulous that he is realizing his dream, and showing what the human body can do. Smiley Happy 

Senior Contributor

I applaud him and you too for helping him follow his wishes !

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.