Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

IMG_7813.JPG

Message 42 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

What route are you guys driving in from ? Yuma?
Message 43 of 98
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Yeow! I drove from LA, CA to LI, NY and back a few times in the 90's and that felt like it took forever! (37.5 hours straight through... once.)

Best wishes for a safe and successful journey!

Message 44 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aduke, we went the route from Tucson through Yuma and into San Diego.

Message 45 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

After a really beautiful two days in San Diego, we are off. My husband (very fit and athletic gentleman that he is!) just went off down the trail away from the beach, and I'm here with the minivan alone.

I'll start out in about ten minutes or so, once I get my bearings and my courage about me. A little unsure here at this moment. We will be fine, it's just new and uncharted territory for us both. 

He expects to be able to complete it in a month, with going 100 miles a day and only during daytime hours. We can take 5 weeks if we have to and if we encounter delays due to weather or fatigue. Right now we are seeing extremely windy weather ahead for Saturday, so that may cause him to have to end that day early if the winds are really extreme.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!I will check in along the way when I can.

hugs,

humu

IMG_8061.JPG

Message 46 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's the exact route I used to take it is beautiful in them mountains. You guys be safe out there and good luck to your hubby on the trip back .
Message 47 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also prayers for you both Humu . I know you are nervous . So are you gonna be able to see him as your riding behind or how will that go ? Sorry I'm confused 😜
Message 48 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aduke,

Thank you, my friend. Smiley Happy We'll be meeting up every 30 miles along the way, and I have his route maps so I can backtrack if there is ever a problem.

He's a pretty strong cyclist though- right now I am at the 30 mile mark with some snacks and beverages, and he voice texted me that he does not need to stop yet and that we will meet up at the 40 mile mark. 

It is the first day, though, so I expect after many days of doing this, meeting every 30 miles will work well.

3,000 miles will be long. I think it is fabulous that he is realizing his dream, and showing what the human body can do. Smiley Happy 

Message 49 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I applaud him and you too for helping him follow his wishes !
Message 50 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.