cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday - Is it really worth it?

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Black Friday - Is it really worth it?

Booner72 wrote:   ....The smartest people out there was the couple that had coffee delivery in their van and were charging 3.00 bucks for a small small small cup.  They must have made a KILLING!

Nothing ever changes.

The folks who got the richest from the 1849 California gold strike (and those from the Alaska gold strike, too) were the ones who "mined the miners", selling them the provisions and the equipment the miners needed to "strike it rich".

Anyways, glad you got the flatscreen you wanted.  Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I was conned into going to Walmart with my stepson so he could buy his tv. What a cluster!!!

On a side note booner, DH and I have a Samsung.... Be prepared to buy some better capacitors. They put the cheapest ones in there. If your tv starts having trouble turning on or if you get a funky screen, it's the capacitor Smiley Wink
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 12 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thanks for your replies Casmith and UBUP....I did NOT get the TV.  Too many people cut in line and to be accountable, i should have been there by 10:AM or sooner on Tgiving, not 6:00PM.  TOOOOO late.

What's meant to be will be, and I was not meant to have that TV, good or bad.  I didn't even want it.  i did it for the KIDS!  (And DH who was off hunting.)  mama failed this one.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I've never done the Black Friday thing, before, i always scorned the crazies.  BUT....Bestbuy has a 42" SAMSUNG for 199 bucks.  We want a TV pretty bad, have one on lawaway that's much nicer, but it's 550.  This is a 350 dollar situation, here, my friends.

They open at midnight, but hand out tickets aSmiley Tonguet 10:00PM tonight - my brother found out they have 100 in stock.......I want to go for it but would be seriously P.O'd if I stood there for 4 hours for nothing.

Anyone have experience "camping out" for deals??  Was it worth it to you?

Booner72,

Hey, I am actually one of those crazies that decided to wait in line for BB (Best But). I was dying to get a 42" DYNEX for $199, similar to your SAMSUNG. Well, as I arrived at around 6:30 PM, given that the store opens at 12:00 AM, I thought that I was a shoein to get the TV. Little did I know that there was five tents and one of those tents had been there since Nov 17, a whole week before the Black Friday sales event. At that time, I decided that this would be my last time ever attending a event like this Smiley Very Happy.

However, I did end up getting something nice for my little brother. It was an Xbox 360 250 GB w/ two games and 3 months of live for 199, so all in all it was a pretty good experience and meet a lot of "interesting" folks Smiley Very Happy

If I were you, I would get a couple of friends and try it out next year.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.