cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday spendings? & What card did you use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Black Friday spendings? & What card did you use?

How much do you spend on average for black friday? & what card did you use for shopping?

I used my Citi's double cash card and did a lot of online shopping since alot of stores have early discounts avail on thanksgiving and used as much as my ultimate reward portal as I could.. what about you guys? Is there any card out there that gives amazing rewards for department/clothing stores?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Black Friday spendings? & What card did you use?

My Chase Freedom gets me 5% cash back in department stores till 12/31. Haven't done a bit of shopping yet though.
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typically don't spend anything on black Friday. I had my Christmas shopping finished late this summer. But I did buy one of those $50 Amazon tablets using BCE. Also used Discover to buy some clothes for the kid on the Children's Place website. With their sale, free shipping, and a coupon I had, I got a lot of stuff for about $35.00. Oh, I think I also bought some type of Minecraft case for the mini figures that my son collects on Amazon using Discover. I'm not sure if the "clothing store" category on Discover will count for online purchases, but if so, the 10% would be nice.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Chase Freedom gets me 5% cash back in department stores till 12/31. Haven't done a bit of shopping yet though.

I'm curious.  Why do you think you're getting 5% in department stores?  Department stores are not part of the current quarterly bonus for the Freedom

Message 4 of 34
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Got some clothing cheaper yesterday, used Freedom on Amazon for 10% back.

Discover It is department stores. (And Amazon, also 10% if on double cash back bonus).
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Discover for my xmas spend.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

amazon card, double cash for lots of paypal stuff, discover for a few things....amex got a TON of amazon gift cards because of the 15 off 60 amex deal... and also got quite a few $16 for $40 google express groupons....paid for those with the double cash.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You couldn't pay me enough money to go out on Black Friday and deal with the hassles, but I'm glad others seem to have enjoyed it! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You couldn't pay me enough money to go out on Black Friday and deal with the hassles, but I'm glad others seem to have enjoyed it! Smiley Happy

Same here. My local mall made national headlines for that viral fight video...idiots!  I'll pay extra $ and have it shipped. 

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclay rewards, spent $50

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.