Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

BoA changing the look of their cards?

Is BoA falling in line with other issuers like Cap1 and moving the numbers to the back? Their cards look entirely different on the site now. Any insight &/or does anyone have a newer looking card?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/#filter

In order of use: BofA/ML (Merrill+, Cash Rewards) | AmEx (PRG, Delta Gold) | Discover (IT) | Chase | NFCU | HSBC | Blispay | Alliant CU

TU 700, EX 692, EQ 676 (09/07/2017)
Established Contributor

Re: BoA changing the look of their cards?

If they are, they’re holding out on me. I just got a new card today to replace an expiring card and the numbers are still on the front.

Current scores (FICO 8): EX-793, EQ-766, TU-760
NFCU Flagship $22K | NFCU Cashrewards $22K | Discover IT $34K | SECU Visa $10K | CSR $15K | Chase Marriott $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX SPG $23K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX PRG | Aviator Red $26K | Citi TY Premier $11.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 23k | BoA Cash Rewards $15k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $8K | BJs MC $13K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $11,250 | Macy’s Store/Amex $10K/$4K | BR Visa $5K | JCP $7.5K | Kohl’s $3K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $10K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $4.5k
Established Contributor

cmm89 wrote:

Is BoA falling in line with other issuers like Cap1 and moving the numbers to the back? Their cards look entirely different on the site now. Any insight &/or does anyone have a newer looking card?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/#filter

Oh boy, I certainly hope not but that does look like it. I hate cards with the info on the back; it goes against what I've always known and I think it is tacky to copy other banks. Chase did it first but now Citi and other banks are doing it. Looks like BofA is the next to copy it. I guess they feel if they can't beat them, to join them......

Frequent Contributor

I'm not so sure. I think they're going to keep their cards the same and just updated the look on the website. Similar to what chase does. Their pictures don't show any numbers or info on the front so you'd assume it's on the back. Well it their info is actually still on the front. At least for their Freedom and Freedom Unlimited.
Regular Contributor

ALK11 wrote:
I'm not so sure. I think they're going to keep their cards the same and just updated the look on the website. Similar to what chase does. Their pictures don't show any numbers or info on the front so you'd assume it's on the back. Well it their info is actually still on the front. At least for their Freedom and Freedom Unlimited.

Very possible. The change on the site is pretty recent, though. Even the Student cards at the bottom of the All Cards section have the numbers on the front.

In order of use: BofA/ML (Merrill+, Cash Rewards) | AmEx (PRG, Delta Gold) | Discover (IT) | Chase | NFCU | HSBC | Blispay | Alliant CU

TU 700, EX 692, EQ 676 (09/07/2017)
Valued Contributor

I noticed that and wondered as well. ALK makes a great point about Chase. I wish all of the issuers visually depicted the cards on the website as they actually are. I also wish more issuers would reveal the back of the card on their websites.
Established Contributor

cmm89 wrote:

ALK11 wrote:

Very possible. The change on the site is pretty recent, though. Even the Student cards at the bottom of the All Cards section have the numbers on the front.

Agreed. They updated the placement of the cardholder's name and removed the numbers; yet the cobranded cards (i.e. Susan G Komen card) still reflect the embossing.....I remember reading about EMV 6 years ago now and the experts stated that this sort of thing could happen...with EMV there is no reason anymore to emboss cards. It gives the cards a new look and it probably saves the banks some $$....they just look so fake like they came out of a Monopoly game or at the bottom of a cereal box. 

I know I am the minority in this, but I prefer my cards embossed. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I believe they did update the design of those core BofA cards, not only are the numbers missing from the front, but the Visa logo seems to be metallic now, like the Chase ones. They are probably not sending the new designs out yet though..Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.44.16 PM.png

Gardening until September 2018
Next app: Mortgage in September 2018

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.