Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA chat, sometimes doesnt understand me, then does! :P

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

BofA chat, sometimes doesnt understand me, then does! :P

Venessa Pensky : Hello Kirk! How may I assist you with your personal credit card?
Kirk Swawawa: I was wondering if I was able to apply for the double limit with another 99 deposit, ive read its possible online but didnt know if I was able to apply for that online or over the phone.
Kirk Swawawawa: or if you still offer that on a secured card
Venessa Pensky : I understand you wish to place a request for the credit limit increase.
Venessa Pensky : Please confirm the last four digits of the credit card your referring to.
Kirk Swwawaway: 6060
Venessa Pensky : Thank you for confirming it.
Kirk Sawwaway: Yes if it were possible to pay another 99 deposit for another 500 limit added. Ive read it can be done but was not sure if its still available
Kirk Swawwaawy: No problem, thank you Smiley Happy
Venessa Pensky : Let me share you the link wherein you can apply the credit card you are looking for:
Venessa Pensky : Secured card
Kirk Swawway: That is a link to apply for a new card
Venessa Pensky : That's correct!
Venessa Pensky : Please let me know if you still have any questions pertaining to your account.
Kirk Swaawy: Yes I still have the original question, can I give another 99 deposit for a 500 limit increase on my secured card? I dont want to apply for a new card

Venessa Pensky : You can't give the another 99 deposit for a 500 limit increase on the existing secured card.
Venessa Pensky : You can place a request for the credit limit increase on the existing secured card.
Venessa Pensky : My apologizes for any confusion in this regard.
Venessa Pensky : We use the collateral deposit to open the Secured credit card.
Venessa Pensky : Once the Secured credit card is opened you need to place a request for the credit limit increase if you wish to increase the credit line.
Venessa Pensky : The Secured Credit Card program typically takes 9 to 12 months to be successfully completed.

So, info online is wrong or old.  You cant double your 99/500 limit by giving another 99 deposit (if approved)  you just apply for a CLI like normal on the secured card and will most likely be declined until the card graduates.

Just writing in case someone else like me was trying to double their limit with another deposit like people have been able to do before.

Thanks for readin Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA chat, sometimes doesnt understand me, then does! :P

My sincere apologies for misreading your explanation that you had changed both names in the post.

No one's fault but mine.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.