Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Club

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Book Club

My favorite book of all time is Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes.  Second to that is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb.  I've read them both at least 7 times.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Book Club

Wheel of Time

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 6
demi
Established Contributor

The Help....Best book I have read in a long time.  Lent it to my mother, she lent it to someone, never got it back.  Bought another, ended up with my sister.  Bought another, lent it, they absolutely promised to give back...have not seen for a year!  Now its going on my Kindle!  It is a great book...anxious (and a little nervous, hope they didn't ruin it) to see the movie.  Another really good one is another Wally Lamb, I know This Much is TrueSnowflower and the Secret Fan or anything else by Lisa See.  Also, the first of Ken Follet's new trilogy, name escapes me right now!

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The Left Hand of Darkness, by Ursula K. LeGuin.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite book of all time is All Quiet on the Western Front. Smiley Happy  And I loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I like to be challenged intellectually so any book by Dr. Seuss works for me.  Smiley Happy

But seriously "Great Expectations" has probably had the most impact and stayed with me longer than any book I've ever read.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.