Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye, y’all! (v.2)

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Bye, y’all! (v.2)

Hi everyone! After a lot of consideration (and sadness), I’ve decided that it’s time to resign as a moderator here at the myFICO forums. I know, I know, I did this once before. Smiley Very Happy But this time it’s for good.

I’ve been here since 2007, and It’s been a wonderful and genuinely life-changing experience. I’ve learned a lot, and I’ve greatly appreciated the opportunity to pass some of that along to others. I hope that all of you will do the same.

Unlike last time, I don’t expect to be hanging around the forums in a non-moderator role, and that also means that I won’t be reading any pm’s. So I’m wishing the best of luck to all of you, to the remaining moderators, and to admin Sarah. I hope you’ll continue to read, learn, and support one another, and for goodness sake, keep that reported util under control! Smiley Wink   --hauling

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bye, y’all! (v.2)

It won't be the same place without you HTSU. No one could balance humor, wisdom, knowledge, and tough love like you did.

I'll miss you.

Message 2 of 32
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Smiley Sad

Hauling, I know I'm speaking for many, but we miss you already (*grumbles at having to post another unhappy face*). You have helped so many of us on here. Your posts and advice have helped some climb out of a scoring pit. Some saw the light at the end of the tunnel because of your advice. And I may be going on a limb, but I bet some households were saved, in part, with your advice.

Message 3 of 32
teenastie
Established Contributor

Color me shocked Smiley SurprisedCat SurprisedMan Surprised

Hauling,

I've only been on the boards for a year but I always took everything you posted as "gospel." You were the first fico-famous user I came to know and respect. All that you have disseminated through the forums have been more than helpful... Actually lifesaving! I've learned more from your comments than any other user on these boards. More so because of the way you said something not just the content of what was said.

Have an extremely happy life,

TeeNastie

Message 4 of 32
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Won't be at all the same without you, HTSU, and I'll miss working with you and just reading your posts perhaps most of all because you made me laugh the most, as well as being the one from whom I feel I learned the most, in so many ways, on here. 

I think about half the reason these boards are as civilized as they are is that you were always around to make sure they stayed that way, just by being you - whether in an official capacity as a Mod or just as a sort of unofficial 'den mother' who didn't put up with bad behavior from anyone!   Smiley Wink  Thank you for being a civilizing and educational influence.

All the very best to you!!

Take good care.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 5 of 32
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

HTSU, you're one of best members this forum has ever seen, both as a moderator AND as a posting contributor. You'll be sorely missed.

I do hope you'll come back once in a while and say hello.
Message 6 of 32
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

hope you will stay around i have learned alot from you even if it was over the top

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 7 of 32
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Who is going to explain how to calculate AAoA like you do??

I remember the post when you said "hauling the socks up" as you got into the long explanation.

You definitely are a rockstar!  I wish you all the best in life.

Love, Booner

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 32
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Best of luck.  Thank you for all of your thoughtful and informative posts.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 32
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Oh man, you will certainly be missed Hauling. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.