Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T STOP APP SPREE. AHHH!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAN'T STOP APP SPREE. AHHH!!!

I feel like i'm Brad Pitt to the ladies now (keep dreaming slipper)... i mean to the credit card companies now and i'll generally get approved for most cards i apply for.  It gets addicting now that i got myself to this point.  I was even considering freezing all my bureaus to help.  What do you folks do to curb your app spree appetite?  

I had a Sears store card since 1998.  Got a Cap1 QS four-five months ago, Credit One four months ago but cancelled a month later, DCU Platinum Visa 2 months ago, and CSP today.  Four new cards in 4-5 months.  And with this new CSP, i probably have between 3-5 inquiries on each of the bureaus

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAN'T STOP APP SPREE. AHHH!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel like i'm Brad Pitt to the ladies now (keep dreaming slipper)... i mean to the credit card companies now and i'll generally get approved for most cards i apply for.  It gets addicting now that i got myself to this point.  I was even considering freezing all my bureaus to help.  What do you folks do to curb your app spree appetite?  

I had a Sears store card since 1998.  Got a Cap1 QS four-five months ago, Credit One four months ago but cancelled a month later, DCU Platinum Visa 2 months ago, and CSP today.  Four new cards in 4-5 months.  And with this new CSP, i probably have between 3-5 inquiries on each of the bureaus

I apply with purpose.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally dont think it's too bad...I had 4 cards in two months (2 in may and 2 in june).  But again, only apply for the cards you really need.  You could freeze your bureaus and maybe stop reading too many "approval threads" lol here.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually not having enough income to justify the spend for a new card will do the trick, hahaha.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well. first congrats on your new cards!  Smiley Very Happy  Set a limit on your overall total and hit FREEZE.  I have a limit of 250k.  I feel that is the magic number for me.  I have maybe 3 other cards I want and may cancel 3 just to keep things the same.  That should put me at my 250k mark and I'm done.  You never want to go over what you can afford.  It would be different for everyone.  That's my 2 cents.  Keeps you paying your bills and being responsible. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well. first congrats on your new cards!  Smiley Very Happy  Set a limit on your overall total and hit FREEZE.  I have a limit of 250k.  I feel that is the magic number for me.  I have maybe 3 other cards I want and may cancel 3 just to keep things the same.  That should put me at my 250k mark and I'm done.  You never want to go over what you can afford.  It would be different for everyone.  That's my 2 cents.  Keeps you paying your bills and being responsible. Smiley Wink

What Sandi said...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.