Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all computer nerds!

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Calling all computer nerds!

Anyone know how to set up wireless printing in their home?

I wish we could do this, because the cables never seem long enough.....

We do have wireless internet in the house...don't know if that makes a difference or not?

We have 3 laptops & 1 brand new HP printer.....the all-in-one kind Smiley Wink

Any help would be SUPER!!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Calling all computer nerds!

Laz, do you have a router and a wireless printer? I think those 2 are the most crucial things if you want to print wireless.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

ha ha, ok, i have some dumb questions...

1.  isn't the router what allows us to have wireless internet?

2.  how do i know if it's a wireless printer?  will the manual say?  we just bought it, so i do have it handy.

Message 3 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You have to have a wireless printer in order to have wireless printing.  The box the printer came in should say whether it is wireless or not.  If it is not wireless it will normally connect via a USB port.

Yes, it is the router or router/modem that would allow wireless.

Message 4 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

awww, i guess no wireless printing for us then.........i'll have to scamper to best buy & buy like a 10 foot cable, ha!
Message 5 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you want wireless, can you return the printer and get one that is wireless?

I hate paying the prices for Cat5 and USB cables.  They can be ridiculously expensive.

Message 6 of 24
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Or you could wait until circuit city decides to post a 50% rather than an "up to 50%" off sale and buy a wireless printer. I know they cost about 45 bucks at office depot though.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 7 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

well, i doubt it, since i've been using it.......when i said i "just" bought it, i meant "recently" Smiley Wink

are the cables THAT expensive?  it came with a standard 3 ft one, but we probably need a 6 ft one.  the way our living room is set up is just pain, as far as trying to print.

Message 8 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

i didn't think about circuit city!  we stopped shopping there a while back, when they fired all their tenured people.  i might have to look into it, though.
Message 9 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.