Senior Contributor

Re: Calling all computer nerds!

sneaker net???

right over my head...

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Person (wearing sneakers) physically carries data via an exchangeable media between computers in different locations.Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You can use a wireless print server which is a box that connects to your printer via USB and ties it to your wireless router. You install some software on your laptop (or any wireless computer) and can print from the couch, bed or bathroom. Cost is about 50 clams for a print server, maybe less if you shop around.

ooooohh, a print server.......that sounds important!  lol

i will definitely look around for this.  thank you so much!

I did this too for a while but my cat chewed through the wire. Do you have a desktop that is hardwired to the modem or router? If so, I just plugged the cat 5 cable from the back of the printer directly to the back of the router and it does the same thing. No software to install, I just setup the printer as a network printer through the hardwired computer and it prints fine from all our of wireless computers which is a lot!

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the best but requires a network printer. My new HP  is network and I deleted the old print server.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.