Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we consolidate some stickies?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Can we consolidate some stickies?

There is an entire screen's worth of stickies at the top of this board.  IMO, this unnecessarily forces active discussions off the front page and into the abyss.  Is consolidating them an option?  Would people be interested in this?  Are we even allowed to propose this here?

Just looking at it, "Closing Credit Cards" and "Amex 3X CLI Guide" can be unstickied and moved into "Helpful Threads."  The five threads about complaining about foreign CSR's, PM etiquette, not getting into fights with others, reporting content and being respectful can all be rolled into one master thread on forum etiquette.  The Credit Card Approval forum announcement can just go.  This would free up room for seven more topics on the front page.  All the important information would still be at the top for new posters, but a greater number of relevant discussions would now appear on the front page for those of us who are regulars here.

That is just my suggestion anyways.  Sorry if it doesn't belong here.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we consolidate some stickies?

@Leadberry wrote:

There is an entire screen's worth of stickies at the top of this board.  IMO, this unnecessarily forces active discussions off the front page and into the abyss.  Is consolidating them an option?  Would people be interested in this?  Are we even allowed to propose this here?

Just looking at it, "Closing Credit Cards" and "Amex 3X CLI Guide" can be unstickied and moved into "Helpful Threads."  The five threads about complaining about foreign CSR's, PM etiquette, not getting into fights with others, reporting content and being respectful can all be rolled into one master thread on forum etiquette.  The Credit Card Approval forum announcement can just go.  This would free up room for seven more topics on the front page.  All the important information would still be at the top for new posters, but more relevant discussions would be readily available for those of us who are regulars here.

That is just my suggestion anyways.  Sorry if it doesn't belong here.  Smiley Tongue

Sounds pretty well thought out IMO... +1

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

+2
Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Threads are consolidated but also stickies do 'age off.  MODS/ADMIN review what is stickied and routinely make adjustments.  

It might be time for a little spring cleaning. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
Leadberry
Established Contributor

To anyone reading this and wondering what the heck I'm talking about, it was originally posted on the Credit Cards forum, as that is the forum it applies to.

Edit: Just saw your reply Lexie.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 12
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

That would be nice. It is an awful lot of scrolling especially on my phone. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 12
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Agree completely, was just thinking about this the other day actually.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 7 of 12
Jitdc2
New Contributor

Yes please +1, consolidate as many as possible. It is a kind of annoying when using a mobile device, you have to scroll forever to get to the new threads then head to a next page to view more threads. 

Message 8 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Implementing the suggestions.

Not certain on the Amex 3X CLI consolidation as it's cut down on a tremendous number of threads; however, if we see it becoming an issue again with new posters we can always move it back.

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I agree with everyone here that it's a PITA on a mobile as I scroll past them EVERY single time I log in.

--Rev

        
Message 9 of 12
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Thank you Revelate and Lexie!  The difference this made is astounding.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.