Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One: "Everyone doesn't triple pull?"

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Cap One: "Everyone doesn't triple pull?"

I took a call from a woman from Capital One who wanted to follow up on a survey I had recently completed.  In the survey I had mentioned something about payment methods, but that's not important right now.  Here's the way the tail end of that call went:

CSR:  Ok, Mr. Core, is there anything else you'd like me to add to the feedback?

core:  Yeah, actually, I don't like the triple pulls.  You guys need to stop doing that.

CSR: Wha..?

core: You know, pulls on the credit reporting agencies.

CSR: Oh, you mean how we check each credit bureau?

core: Yes exactly.  (genius)  But you guys pull all 3.  I don't like that.   Nobody else does that.

CSR: Wow, I didn't know that, I thought everyone did

core: You haven't been working there that long, have you?

CSR: Yes I've been working here for quite a while, but that's industry standard, I thought?

core:  Ummm No.  You don't have many credit cards, do you?

CSR:  No, "just the one" [laughter]

(I rest my case)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One: "Everyone doesn't triple pull?"

HAHAHAHAH I love you! I wanna give you a big ole hug!!!  You made my day!!!!!

Message 2 of 4
happypill
Valued Contributor

I think the average person in the US has like 2 credit cards or something, so for most people the difference between 1 pull, 2 pulls (which actually happens quite often) or 3 pulls (pretty much just Cap One I guess) is not noticeable.  It's only people who are applying for several cards a year that would notice a difference.

I don't think the personal situation of a CSR has anything to do with it.  The phone/chat reps are trained to deal with certain types of questions and probably have zero exposure to policy items like who and home many reports to pull.  If they don't work in approvals they probably don't know.  It's like going to a BMW dealership and wondering why a salesman doesn't know something because their personal car is a Honda or something.  You can't expect everyone who works at Capital One to have dozens of cards like the folks here at myFICO.  The real experts are the folk here and on other similar boards.

Message 3 of 4
core
Valued Contributor

Quite right, happypill.  The CSR's personal credit situation had nothing to do with it.  I shouldn't have even mentioned it.  Erase that line and the humorous nature of her beliefs still stands.

I will say I enjoyed most of the conversation.  A first for Capital One (maybe this was a 3rd party?).  Almost like talking to a Discover CSR.  Even if this one wasn't registering all 16 digits.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.