Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

2wice wrote:

Requested a replacement card on the 12th, and it got overnighted to me last night and was on my doorstep this morning. It feels a little more substantial than the old QS, but it looks stunning. This is how MY Visa (non-signature) looks. I'm sure the WEMC looks even better. One interesting thing I noticed is that it's contactless, something my old card wasn't. All the card info is on the back, and the mag stripe is located where the old Citi Prestige's was, so it should be interesting to see how cashiers handle this.   IMG_4856.JPGIMG_4857.JPG

It looks great! Thanks for the update.

Valued Contributor

deltatee wrote:

2wice wrote:

Requested a replacement card on the 12th, and it got overnighted to me last night and was on my doorstep this morning. It feels a little more substantial than the old QS, but it looks stunning. This is how MY Visa (non-signature) looks. I'm sure the WEMC looks even better. One interesting thing I noticed is that it's contactless, something my old card wasn't. All the card info is on the back, and the mag stripe is located where the old Citi Prestige's was, so it should be interesting to see how cashiers handle this.   IMG_4856.JPGIMG_4857.JPG

It looks great! Thanks for the update.

Does it have raised lettering, smooth, or engraved like?

BK13 Filed 7/10-DC 8/15 // Fico 8's TU 753/ EQ 763/EX 769 6/17// AAoA 5.8 years // Lines 6/2017= 197K // Inquiries 7-7-7 BK now off all all reports....WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE 6/7/2017 long hard road, but we made it !!!
Valued Contributor

It looks flat, does the card have a matte or glossy finish? I want to see the Mastercard version of it.

I'm probably an outlier here, but I think I like the 'old' design better, although I'm sure the new design will grow on me in time.

As far as the front being upside-down, that I'm less enthusiastic about.  Smiley Frustrated

When using a card I like the experience to be as frictionless as possible (I want to pay, not discuss my card), and I know that in the past the folks who had cards with different layouts (i.e. Citi Prestige) sometimes reported confusion with clerks.

Since in time I'll have it regardless (actually, two of them) I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Frequent Contributor

UncleB wrote:

I'm probably an outlier here, but I think I like the 'old' design better, although I'm sure the new design will grow on me in time.

As far as the front being upside-down, that I'm less enthusiastic about.  Smiley Frustrated

When using a card I like the experience to be as frictionless as possible (I want to pay, not discuss my card), and I know that in the past the folks who had cards with different layouts (i.e. Citi Prestige) sometimes reported confusion with clerks.

Since in time I'll have it regardless (actually, two of them) I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

I do agree that the strip on the bottom is probably going to be annoying every once in awhile.  That being said, I thought the old design was the ugliest card I've ever seen.

Regular Contributor

deltatee wrote:

UncleB wrote:

I do agree that the strip on the bottom is probably going to be annoying every once in awhile.  That being said, I thought the old design was the ugliest card I've ever seen.

I actually like that the stripe is at the bottom. I generally store cards in my wallet upside down so tht i dont have to reorient the card in my hand before I swipe. Im already holding it by the opposing end to the stripe and can swipe very quickly. However this does make chip readers a little more cumbersome.

In regards to the old design, its not really bad but the new one is a marked improvement IMHO.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
plccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.png
Established Contributor

Looks like Venture One is also getting a slight makeover with the Chip reversed to the other side (upside down). 

Established Contributor

2wice wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I like this new design. I am old school so I have not been happy with this trend of un-embossed card numbers, card numbers on the back of the card, or my biggest pet peeve: vertical cards.

This looks really great though. I love that the "Visa" network is on the front; the Visa hologram is only the bird void of the square around the bird. I also like that Capital One is offering contactless. I'd like the card even more if it were embossed and the EMV chip was in the proper place LOL. Thanks for sharing the picture!

Established Contributor

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

deltatee wrote:

UncleB wrote:

I actually like that the stripe is at the bottom. I generally store cards in my wallet upside down so tht i dont have to reorient the card in my hand before I swipe. Im already holding it by the opposing end to the stripe and can swipe very quickly. However this does make chip readers a little more cumbersome.

In regards to the old design, its not really bad but the new one is a marked improvement IMHO.

Agreed.

Valued Contributor

CreditCuriousity wrote:

Anyone Else notice cap1 quicksilver has a new look to it or was it alrady posted?  Also appears they switched back to MC again?  Can they not make up their mind between MC and Visa??

www-quicksilver-mc-world-elite-generic-240x151.png

It's been back to being issued as a MasterCard and World Elite MasterCard for several months now. 

Starting scores: 552 EQ, 570 TU, 558 EX Current scores (7/11/17): 737 EQ 742 TU 730 EX

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.