Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 starts offering free TU FICO 04 monthly

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Cap1 starts offering free TU FICO 04 monthly

Just got off chat with a CSR. She tells me Cap1 has an interesting offer that I'm eligible to get thanks to my Venture card: "Venture cardholders are now invited to enroll in a free TransUnion FICO score monitoring service." She then sent me a link to get access to my score. TU 04 turns out to be 741.
Get yours now myFICO-ers!

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 starts offering free TU FICO 04 monthly

Very interesting. I wonder if it's just Venture or if Quicksilver and possibly others would be eligible as well. Hopefully! I'd love to have a TU 04 to contrast with my Barclay's TU 08.

Just remembered what day it is. Hopeful nonetheless, still a possibility.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 37
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Don't have Venture.

What was Cap1 offering before? The one we get with QS?
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I missing something here? Had the FICO credit tracker on my QS card for a few months now...
Message 4 of 37
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Am I missing something here? Had the FICO credit tracker on my QS card for a few months now...

Yeah, credit tracker is not FICO. What OP seems to be mentioning is a true FICO score. 

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xerostatus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, credit tracker is not FICO. What OP seems to be mentioning is a true FICO score. 

Correct and I'm not sure it really exists.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has always just said "Your Credit Score, powered by TransUnion," so I've assumed *not* a FICO score.  So per OP's message, either it's always really been a FICO '04 score and they weren't labeling it as such (which seems unlikely) or they are offering true FICO scores to selected Venture cardholders while the rest of us still get a FAKO (which seems similarly unlikely), or they're going to switch everyone to FICO '04, or the CSR is on crack.

Chris.

Message 8 of 37
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine has always just said "Your Credit Score, powered by TransUnion," so I've assumed *not* a FICO score.  So per OP's message, either it's always really been a FICO '04 score and they weren't labeling it as such (which seems unlikely) or they are offering true FICO scores to selected Venture cardholders while the rest of us still get a FAKO (which seems similarly unlikely), or they're going to switch everyone to FICO '04, or the CSR is on crack.

Chris.

Maybe I am blind too but I still only see under both my QSWMC and my Venture where it says Powered by TU

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris.

The score that they have been giving all along is definitely not a FICO score.  I've searched elsewhere and can find no indication that Cap One is all of a sudden giving out 04 scores.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.